User Stats

Votes
Logan Murdock
Votes |
Getting started and out of state considerations

Logan Murdock
Posted Oct 24 2021, 17:21

Hi all,

I'm trying to get started and would love to tap this community's wealth of information on potential best strategies for getting the first deal and thoughts on where I'm leaning so far. 

Little background on where I'm at: I currently live in San Francisco working a well paying but stressful W-2. This has left me with some capital to deploy but a very difficult market to work with (difficult state really). Also limited time to explore other potential markets.

So I'm leaning towards out of state and looking at Turnkey at the moment. I'm particularly interest in the new construction build to rent (currently looking at Rent to Retirement and their offering in Cape Coral) as it seems like good potential in equity growth and low maintenance costs. 

A few questions I would like to hear some thoughts on:

• General advise for getting started - particularly looking out of state for cash flowing opportunities
  • If you where just getting started, what market would you choose? Why?
  • Thoughts on going with Turnkey to begin with? I realize that I will lose out on a lot of potential gains that the turnkey company capitalizes on, but weighing that against the time factor which I don't have a ton of.
  • Thoughts on going with new construction?

Really appreciate any and all thoughts on the questions above.

Loading replies...