Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Brian Burke
Pro Member
#1 Multi-Family and Apartment Investing Contributor
  • Investor
  • Santa Rosa, CA
Votes |
A Hero's Home - Giving Back

Brian Burke
Pro Member
#1 Multi-Family and Apartment Investing Contributor
  • Investor
  • Santa Rosa, CA
Posted

Fellow BP’ers,

Five of us long-time active BP’ers, @Jay Hinrichs, @Chris Clothier, attorney @Tom Gimer , and CPA @Brandon Hall and I have come together to change the life of someone that has sacrificed so much to defend our freedom and our lives. We think that many other BP members have the same desire to give back to a deserving family, so please read this and feel free to pass along the information.

In my former life before going full time into real estate investing, I worked in law enforcement and as a firefighter/EMT and my wife is a nurse at our local trauma center—so this cause is near and dear to me.

When Jay came to me with this idea, I was onboard in less than two seconds.

For many of us, BiggerPockets has become a way for us to connect, share, advise, seek advice and grow as investors and business persons in general. It is a rewarding online forum and led many of us to successful investment opportunities, joint-ventures with other like-minded investors, opportunities to lend and borrow, purchase, sell and even rent properties.

To put it lightly, we have all been blessed to have BiggerPockets available to boost our careers. And now we want to give back in a very meaningful way.

To do this, we have created A Hero's Home, Inc. The organization has been formed and is in the process of applying for 501(c)(3) status with the sole purpose of providing a home free and clear for a deserving member of the United States Military, local law enforcement, fire or EMS. These first responders and their families are heroes and make enormous sacrifices to help our country and our communities.

The first opportunity to give a home away will be in Memphis, TN where a single-family home has been purchased, renovated and inspected in preparation for being given to a local hero. Each dollar will go directly toward providing a beautiful, fully renovated, and completely debt-free home to a deserving hero. The Board Members have generously donated their time and effort and the first $10,000 to this cause, so we are well on our way to reaching the Memphis goal of $125,000.

Our intention is to move this program throughout the country. Thanks for reading and please visit A Hero's Home for more information!

Loading replies...