A Hero's Home - Giving Back

62 Replies

Originally posted by @Curt Davis :

Thx for the clarification Chris !!

Curt when we were starting this project that was mission one... everything at cost.. our Attorney and CPA have donated their time in the set up of our organization.. and on top of that we put in the first 10k of cash into this project.. Chris will bring the home in at cost so at cost of 125k ish that will be a market value home of probably 150 to 170k  given normal closing costs and profit to a retail flipper .   And again why when we started this I wanted one of the top companies in the US to be our provider I knew his company had the ability the desire and could execute and peel one home off and let it go for cost.

And as stated its even less than Cost since we have put the first cash into this project..  I am sure you will agree this is a worthy cause and MI and Chris are eminently capable of providing the first of many homes for this charity... 

We have all been blessed by being on BP and for me spending 4 decades in an industry I know and love this in my mind is a perfect project for me to spend my last years in the business giving back and that's what I mean to do..  

My job and business has always been about building teams.. we have done that and we will execute.. 

I hope you will join us in spreading the word and supporting our cause.

This is awesome! Thank y'all for making this happen. I look forward to donating to such a worthy cause. 

My wife and I have been very lucky and blessed through real estate. We have given one home away to my brother-in-law after he became to I'll to work construction anymore. 

Was planning to do the same for my sister but her condition was worse than her doctors thought. Cancer had completely spread throughout her body and she passed away.

Originally posted by @Curt Davis :
Just looking for more information that’s all.   

Originally posted by @Matt R.:
Originally posted by @Curt Davis:

Curious to know what part of town the home is in for $125k?  Also wondering if that dollar amount has built in profit for the company who purchased it and doing the work or if the $125k it truly purchase and all rehab?  sounds like a great project! 

What? no seriously do you think BP and company are thinking profits? I must have misread your post. 

Right on.  

Originally posted by @Debbie W. :

I donated and will share with others so they have the opportunity as well. THank you for doing such a nice thing. 

thankyou I saw that its deeply appreciated.. this is a great Charity  in my mind 100% of donations go to the acutal home being given to a deserving Veteran first responder there is no staff no over head.. its all volunteer.. !!  

Originally posted by @Duc Ong :

Amazing project!  I love the idea and execution!

Thank you sir I hope we can receive a donation from you as well.  that would be great.

Originally posted by @Joshua Diaz :

this is absolutely fantastic.  I will definitely be donating what I can

Thank you so much we appreciate it lets show our veterans and first responders that US Real Estate investors know how to give back.

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :
Originally posted by @Joshua Diaz:

this is absolutely fantastic.  I will definitely be donating what I can

Thank you so much we appreciate it lets show our veterans and first responders that US Real Estate investors know how to give back.

Agreed!

As an active duty military chaplain I want to thank each person involved.  So many of our military members and first responders give all their time and talents into taking care of others and for very small pay.  Let me know if I can help in anyway.

Thank you Chris we feel there is a great need for this and we are excited to show our hero's that us real estate investors can give back in a meaningful way !!

Originally posted by @David Krulac :

@Jay Hinrichs Congrats on your new program, I can not think of any more worth while cause, hats off to you, @Brian Burke , @Chris Clothier and all the others.

AS you know I am a real estate developer, among other things;  I would like to donate to the program an approved building lot to this program, let me know how we can make this happen.

David Krulac

WOW David  thankyou   I am going to copy our founding member @Tom Gimer   as well he owns a title company in PA and will be able to facilitate this plus you guys should know each other anyway..  WOW humbled. !! 

Wow, @David Krulac , that is amazing!  I don’t know what to say.  But thank you for such a generous gesture that will play a huge role in changing the life of a future recipient.  I am so proud to be involved in this cause!  Thank you!!!

Both my wife and I are Veterans and would like to say thank you for what you're doing. We try to give back to several MIL/LEO organizations throughout the year. We will happily add this one to our list.

Originally posted by @Rob Willson :

Both my wife and I are Veterans and would like to say thank you for what you're doing. We try to give back to several MIL/LEO organizations throughout the year. We will happily add this one to our list.

Thank you Rob Deeply appreciated.. !!!    

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :
Originally posted by @David Krulac:

@Jay Hinrichs Congrats on your new program, I can not think of any more worth while cause, hats off to you, @Brian Burke , @Chris Clothier and all the others.

AS you know I am a real estate developer, among other things;  I would like to donate to the program an approved building lot to this program, let me know how we can make this happen.

David Krulac

WOW David  thankyou   I am going to copy our founding member @Tom Gimer  as well he owns a title company in PA and will be able to facilitate this plus you guys should know each other anyway..  WOW humbled. !! 

That is mighty generous of you David ... I will connect with you on the back end. Thank you! 

Originally posted by @Christine M. :

This is so awesome of you guys to start the charity! @Jay Hinrichs , I noted you have changed your signature and was wondering what kind of new project you are starting. Glad I found this thread. 

Thank you Christine it is team work though one person would not be able to pull this off..  We assembled a team that could do critical components to make this work..  And to survive for a long time Is all of ours wish's.. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here