Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Jacob Andersons
Votes |
New to Investing in Real Estate

Jacob Andersons
Posted Apr 15 2024, 22:43

I am new to this real estate world and I am interested to know the factors to consider when evaluating the potential returns and risks of investing in real estate.

User Stats

Votes
Noah Bacon
Pro Member
  • BiggerPockets Community Manager
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • BiggerPockets Community Manager
  • Colorado Springs, CO
ModeratorReplied Apr 16 2024, 08:00

Hey Jacob! Welcome to BiggerPockets and thanks for joining!

Here are some tips for networking and making the most of your account.

1) I'd fill out your profile fully before you do anything else! As that will at least help folks that you reach out to know that you are a real person, with a picture and professional bio. Particularly be sure to include your goals for real estate investing so that folks can help you.

2) Follow your favorite forum topics and set up keyword alerts! Adding keywords related to your investment strategy or market locations can be updated in your settings. You’ll receive notifications when there is conversation in the forums you follow or if a user mentions those keywords—so keep them updated often!

3) Check out some of the local meetups that you can find in this forum! There are so many so be sure to filter by your location.

4) Review Dave Meyer’s The State of Real Estate Investing Report 2024 (in your resource page as a member of BiggerPockets!) for real estate investors available to all BiggerPockets members!

5) Consider meeting with a few agents in your area even if you are just getting started! An investor friendly agent can do all sorts of helpful things, like setting you up with a search for properties or connecting you with folks who have recently done deals like the ones you want to do.

6) Consider analyzing a deal or two in your local market, just for practice, with a free use of our Rental Property Calculator (or other calculators).

Hope this helps! Please reach out with any questions you may have!