Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Jose Varghese
Votes |
Trying to sell a single family house

Jose Varghese
Posted Apr 18 2024, 07:07

Any suggestions how to sell a single-family house in 33018? I need recommendations on who can I reach out to sell it. Not looking for a realtors mostly looking for investors. 

User Stats

Votes
Ray Hage
  • Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Replied Apr 18 2024, 07:51

Hi. I am both a realtor and investor. If you want to get top dollar, do your research on what similar homes sell for nearby. Make sure the property presents well when people come to look at it. If you have tenants, ask them to help keep the place neat for showings. Ideally, try to have many showings within the same day and on weekends. 

Also familiarize yourself with the paperwork that goes into selling a home. I would suggest to at least use a RE lawyer (though you don't need one) in selling to protect yourself. You can easily list the property yourself on zillow, FB market place and Craigslist. I am sure there are many other sites as well. You can do all this without a realtor but prepare to put some decent time and effort into it.

User Stats

Votes
Jose Varghese
Votes |
Replied Apr 18 2024, 08:09
Quote from @Ray Hage:

Hi. I am both a realtor and investor. If you want to get top dollar, do your research on what similar homes sell for nearby. Make sure the property presents well when people come to look at it. If you have tenants, ask them to help keep the place neat for showings. Ideally, try to have many showings within the same day and on weekends. 

Also familiarize yourself with the paperwork that goes into selling a home. I would suggest to at least use a RE lawyer (though you don't need one) in selling to protect yourself. You can easily list the property yourself on zillow, FB market place and Craigslist. I am sure there are many other sites as well. You can do all this without a realtor but prepare to put some decent time and effort into it.

I really appreciate this info, I am familiar with the process but do you know how I can sell to those companies who buy the house? I want to get rid of the house as soon as possible. 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Ray Hage
  • Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Replied Apr 18 2024, 08:35
Quote from @Jose Varghese:
Quote from @Ray Hage:

I really appreciate this info, I am familiar with the process but do you know how I can sell to those companies who buy the house? I want to get rid of the house as soon as possible. 

Honestly, I don't think it is worth using one of those companies unless the house is really in terrible condition and has issues with title, major city liens, is a part of a lawsuit, etc.

User Stats

Votes
Jose Varghese
Votes |
Replied Apr 18 2024, 09:53
Quote from @Ray Hage:
Quote from @Jose Varghese:
Quote from @Ray Hage:

Honestly, I don't think it is worth using one of those companies unless the house is really in terrible condition and has issues with title, major city liens, is a part of a lawsuit, etc.

Got it, makes sense. I just wanted to see what would be the best option to sell it quicker.

User Stats

Votes
Ash Hegde
  • Lender
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL (Lending in FL CT MI PA)
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL (Lending in FL CT MI PA)
Replied Apr 18 2024, 10:14

Those "we buy your house" companies buy at a very deep discount. If you are considering that it would be better to use a good agent like @Ray Hage, you will get a lot more money. Unless, like he mentioned, the house is in poor condition and won't qualify for a bank loan that a typical buyer would need. 

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Syrios
Pro Member
  • Residential Real Estate Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Residential Real Estate Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
ModeratorReplied Apr 18 2024, 10:17

9 times of 10 just listing it with a real estate agent is the best way to go. If it's in decent shape, I would do a couple upgrades to appeal to potential homeowners (adding window shutters or bark mulch outside, an accent wall, nicer light fixture in living room, etc. etc.)

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Rabinov
  • Investor
  • Madrid, Spain
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Madrid, Spain
Replied Apr 27 2024, 10:17

Share some info on the house here, is it on Zillow?