• Real Estate Agent
  • Tulsa, OK
Votes |
Ex-Husband won't sign

Deren Huang
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tulsa, OK
Posted Nov 9 2017, 13:24

I'll give a little bit of context and hope that someone can help me creatively think of a way to help.

Lady bought house before married, decently taken care of it, only outdated cosmetically, BUT massive foundation issues thus the distress. 

In the state of Oklahoma, husband must sign, they are still lawyering the divorce and only filed for the petition nothing decreed. 

BEST case: Cash for keys/signature

CREATIVE way around: Lease with Option and wait for the decree then purchase

Any other ideas on how to handle the situation?

User Stats

Votes
Todd Willhoite
  • Attorney
  • Claremore, OK
Votes |
  • Attorney
  • Claremore, OK
Replied Nov 14 2017, 17:30

No reason to wait for final decree IF husband will sign contract/deed.  Any communication with husband to see if he is willing?

User Stats

Votes
Jory Harvey
  • Mannford, OK
Votes |
  • Mannford, OK
Replied Nov 15 2017, 10:41

Deren ,
Could you ask both parties to agree to proceeds being placed in an escrow account and then they could settle as they agree to later ? That should actually make it easier on them .

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
Deren Huang
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tulsa, OK
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tulsa, OK
Replied Nov 15 2017, 10:45

Wife bought it on her own before they were married, I don’t think she will agree to that. But that could be an incentive that may at least help me.

@Todd Willhoite

We are reaching out to see if he will sign, but, it is a pretty bad divorce fighting over children, I don’t want to throw another thing in that mix.....

I hope he will sign, that would be the easiest thing possible, getting a revised deed and then my closer is going to talk to the husbands lawyer.