DON"T WANT TO START OFF IN A "F-" NEIGHBORHOOD

3 Replies

Is this a scary area to consider investing? I was searching for foreclosures/preforeclosures and I found a relatively cheap/"the numbers worked"

I do not have a credit or capital currently and FRANKLY, I DON"T WANT TO START OFF IN A "F-" NEIGHBORHOOD SINCE I DON"T WANT TO DIE OR ALMOST DIE every time I COLLECT RENT!!!!!! The property was foreclosed on in 2010 and sold for 110k(bank wanted 206k HUD home listing); right now the bank re-forclosed on the 110k loan recently in Dec 2017!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I see a correcting and major crime heading towards Sacramento and greater Sacramento county very soon!

save image

@Josh July you don’t have to worry because the property will not sell for 110k. It will sell for a higher price. If you don’t have the means to buy it , then you should wholesale the house and make money that way. You will not hold onto as a rental. 

Gordon Cuffe, Lender in CA (#1037464)
916-261-2381

Hi Josh, you might consider the “Crime & Place” app. It takes a composite of personal as well as property crimes for an area of your choice.

Ben Howard, Real Estate Agent in CA (#02016843)
(916) 390-7060
Originally posted by @Ben Howard :

Hi Josh, you might consider the “Crime & Place” app. It takes a composite of personal as well as property crimes for an area of your choice.

Thank you for the advice, I will defiantly check that app out...

I was just doing my research and was considering a place that I can find motivated sellers who would be willing to owner finance or would help me earn enough income from selling off the good leads that I could eventually pay cash; but after seeing this crime data, I am sorry but I am not going to be considering buying rentals in that area. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.