Is there an offer low enough to be not worth offering?

Is there an offer low enough to be not worth offering?

Rental Property Investor · Craven County, NC · Member since 2016 · 146 posts · 61 votes

After a couple direct mail calls, I have gotten some frustrated sellers. The responses range from "Your offer is unethical" to "We are absolutely not in the same ball park" and the typical "NO". The offer is always based off of my criteria, which comes directly from a spreadsheet. I figure that most of my leads will be losers. My philosophy is that if I spent the time and capital marketing, I should at least throw out an offer. Is this sound judgement? Or are there situations where it is just not appropriate to make an offer?

0Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Deland, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
8y
Every offer you don’t make will result in not getting the property If I am not embarrassed with my offer it is too high
See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Deland, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y
    Every offer you don’t make will result in not getting the property If I am not embarrassed with my offer it is too high
  • Investor · The Creek, WV · Member since 2014 · 890 posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    I fully expect them to reject my first offer. I'm usually just fishing for a counter offer. I throw out extreme low ball offers.

  • Specialist · Branford, CT · Member since 2018 · 222 posts · 121 votes
    8y

    I remember the first home I bought, I wanted to throw out something really low and my realtor suggested that I make an offer that could conceivably be considered or at least countered - not to insult the seller who might decide that they wouldn't deal with me even if I came back with something higher.

    On the other hand - if it is a property you don't really care about, might as well lob something out there. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.