• Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Networking for Financial Investors

Matthew Herman
  • Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted Jan 15 2022, 18:54

I currently have 4 rental units (2 single family homes, and 2 townhouses). I am currently looking to expand into multiplexes/apartments, but need financial investors while rehabbing the properties before refinancing with a traditional lender. 

I need help on finding investors, networking, and raising capital for my LLC to take the next step. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 15 2022, 18:59

Matthew, 

I would suggest real estate events, both in person and virtual. We host one every week where we meet people interested in different investments. Virtual meetups are a great way to find capital raisers, deal finders, KP's and everyone in the space. There are tons of in person events nationwide as well.  NHMC is in a few days, biggerpockets has their events as well. A quick google search will get you pointed in the right direction. Make sure you have a strong business plan if you are raising for a specific project. Good Luck!

User Stats

Votes
Adam Lacey
  • Investor
  • Castle Rock, CO
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Castle Rock, CO
Replied Jan 17 2022, 08:30
I would start by figuring out who your "avatar" is and then start putting yourself in situations where they are likely to be. Do they go to the gym, attend RE meetups, charity events, certain conferences, church...etc? You just have to put yourself in situations where you are likely to meet them and then make sure you share the opportunity that you provide (without being annoyingly salesy).
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Cameron Braig
Pro Member
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Jan 24 2022, 11:08

Hi Matt, 

Congrats on the progress this far. 

Attending networking events, local meetups and industry conferences can be a great resource. It can help build a network, make connections and hear from and speak to like minded people all within the space. Best of luck in continuing growth and hope all goes well.