General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Ronald Perich
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Granite City, IL
Votes |
Continuing to learn about rentals - taxes?

Ronald Perich
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Granite City, IL
Posted Jul 5 2014, 17:48

So I have been around BP for about a month now. Every day I learn something new, but I don't get to post a lot because I usually look at the site on my Android device. Unfortunately, it doesn't work so well with BP for posting purposes.

I have also listened to a podcast at least five times a week. I'm up to show 42 and have learned some new stuff about real estate and about being an effective leader as well. I can't thank @Joshua Dorkin and @Brandon Turner for these valuable tools.

Onto my question...

So there has to be added benefit to a rental beyond the $100/door I typically hear about. I understand the tenant is helping to cover all of your costs and everything, but it just doesn't seem to me to be a good way to earn a living until you get up into the high numbers of units.

I'm really curious about the tax benefits that a rental might hold. Just some rough estimate about how these figure into the whole equation. I remember one podcast talking about using rentals to offset earnings on wholesaling... How does that work?

Appreciate the insight and the great site!

Ron

Loading replies...