• San Carlos, CA
Votes |
Funds available, looking for suggestions

Namit Raisurana
  • Investor
  • San Carlos, CA
Posted May 11 2021, 09:34

Hi there

I recently restructured all my loans and did cash out from some of them. As a result, I have about 1m ready to deploy. I have only invested in the bay area in the past decade but at this point finding it very difficult to come across a good investment - flip, buy or hold or cash flow (CA is anyways not a great cash flow market).

Looking on general ideas on how and where to deploy these funds. Additionally, If you have any specific deals, do shoot them my way.

Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Anna Laud
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied May 11 2021, 10:16

@Namit Raisurana

Hi Namit!

There are a few things that I can offer insight on in the Hoosier State- specifically as it pertains to Indianapolis and areas to be aware of/learn about here in Indy.

Indianapolis has been at the top of the list for many investors historically speaking dues to being a flat market (pretty much the opposite of TX right now in reactive real estate as people flock in groves from CA realizing work from home could be here to stay & want lower tax rates/cost of living) and perks like cheaper purchase price point and lower tax rates (Marion Co for example just above 1% {for comparison NJ is right around 2.49%} ).

Right now TX and Vegas among other areas are really seeing some hot activity - but this is more reactive and not what a more truly flat market like Indy does.

When you first look into Indianapolis there's likely going to be a lot of info or posts about Fountain Square- I wanted to touch base on this first and say from the start- FS was BOOMING not that long ago- one of the main reasons being that the numbers here made a lot of sense (I'm talking about purchase price point here mainly) now as most home owners do, they've seen a lot of neighborhood changes, and in most cases talked to neighbors that have gotten "X amount" for their home and the natural thought of "What could I sell for now too??" comes to mind.

Now flash forward about two years to where we are now, and the purchase price of a fix and flip in FS is going to be a considerable amount more in most cases than it was just two years ago- the numbers here might not make as much sense then in this case (it's certainly going to eat away quickly at your ROI).

There are some 'younger siblings' of FS that I would consider more enticing right now for various reasons. (So dig a little deeper in area searches) Irvington for buy and hold properties (this area has been unique as well as stable for some time with buy and holds), other areas for fix and flip would be Haughville (truly seeing some changes in the market recently and level of finish to homes), Brightwood, Bates-Hendricks and most recently near Riverside Park bound by 16th St to the North, 10th St on the South- Indiana Ave & River/Fall Creek East & West. This last little area is "16 Tech Innovation District" a $500M development causing area changes quickly.

Another Indy development is going to include the Children's Museum and just under $30M there for expansions, but not as ready to go (yet) or in progress as 16 Tech area- worth watching however!

If you have any other questions you feel like my reply didn't cover- ask and I'll do my best to try an help = )

I’ve put together an Indy area guide I can send you as well, it may have some more in depth information that helps

Anna Laud

User Stats

Votes
Tony Wilcox
  • Insurance Agent
Votes |
  • Insurance Agent
Replied May 11 2021, 11:10

I would completely agree with @Anna Laud on this in regards to the Indy market

PropStream logo
PropStream
|
Sponsored
Nationwide property data Use our robust, multi-sourced data to find off-market properties and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Nick Giulioni
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Carmel, IN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Carmel, IN
Replied May 11 2021, 12:07

Hi! Feel free to reach out. I would love to share my experience and help you in any way I can.

User Stats

Votes
Namit Raisurana
  • Investor
  • San Carlos, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Carlos, CA
Replied May 24 2021, 23:30

Thanks for your comment @Anna Laud. Will look into this further and let you know if I have any questions

User Stats

Votes
Anna Laud
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied May 25 2021, 05:03

@Namit Raisurana

You bet Namit! Yes, feel free to reach out anytime and I'll be happy to answer any questions that come up and try to help = )