• Real Estate Agent
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
How to find money partners

Justin Sullivan
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Phoenix, AZ
Posted Jul 11 2022, 13:13

Hi all. I have been investing for about 4 years now and I am looking to expand and grow. I am in the phoenix area and looking for persons interested in partnering on deals with me. I will find them run them and sell them we just need funding partners. For anyone who reached out to others how did you find funding partners early on? We have proof of concept we are in a new area where the market is great and really looking to scale and grow this thing!

Any advice or interested parties in greatly appreciated!

User Stats

Votes
Taylor L.
Pro Member
  • Multifamily and Self Storage Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Multifamily and Self Storage Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Replied Jul 11 2022, 14:52

There are a number of ways to start building those relationships. Local real estate networking events can be a great way to start, because you'll be speaking the same language with other experienced investors. Also think about who you already know. Other than people I met at real estate networking events, my earliest investors were friends.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Jul 11 2022, 17:34
Quote from @Justin Sullivan:

Hi all. I have been investing for about 4 years now and I am looking to expand and grow. I am in the phoenix area and looking for persons interested in partnering on deals with me. I will find them run them and sell them we just need funding partners. For anyone who reached out to others how did you find funding partners early on? We have proof of concept we are in a new area where the market is great and really looking to scale and grow this thing!

Any advice or interested parties in greatly appreciated!

As taylor mentioned networking and going to events is key.

Being able to tell people what you do is key. Also check for events around self directed retirement accounts as well. People who have a SDIRA love to invest in real estate and are looking for deals.

Depending on how much $ you are looking to raise and in what fashion (syndication vs. one on one deals), I would recommend hiring someone specifically to assist in raising $. I recently did this and the individual basically paid for themselves after 2 weeks. Its just like another investment buy your investing in a person.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Karen Margrave
  • Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer
  • Redding, CA & Bend OR
Votes |
  • Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer
  • Redding, CA & Bend OR
ModeratorReplied Jul 11 2022, 17:47

The previous posters offered some good advice. You said you have a good concept, so must have already done some deals. I'd suggest you put them on the deal forums with photos so that people can see what you did, along with the numbers, etc. If people see you're doing good deals, and there's money to be made, it's easy to find money. Also, do an ad on Marketplace. 

User Stats

Votes
Brock Mogensen
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Syndicator
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Syndicator
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Jul 11 2022, 19:11

If you are looking to go the syndication route, connecting with someone that is also looking to break into that space is a good way to do it.  An experienced "capital raiser" is more likely to allocate capital with operators that have a track record.  Attending local RE networking events is a good way to find a potential partner that has the same goal in investing.

User Stats

Votes
Justin Sullivan
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied Jul 11 2022, 20:40
@Taylor L.:

Thanks for this reminder. I used to attend meet ups in NJ and even did a few here in phoenix when I first got here but lately I haven't been doing enough networking. I have a few deals already funded but I am looking to scale and start doing 10+ deals a year. So only way to get there is by bringing in more money! Great advice thank you

@Chris Seveney

That's a great point about the self-directed IRA. Where would I find information on these events? Google? I hire people for my construction company and it is a detailed process. I would love to hire someone and might look into it. Right now its on a one to one basis looking to deal a deal a month at least hopefully more.

@Karen Margrave

Karen I have listend to your responses about General contracting in the past. I am in construction myself so I liked to hear your point of view. I am going to do that. I have known about doing that for a while just kept putting it off putting it off. Thought that working was more important, LOL! Thanks for that advice. By marketplace you mean Facebook marketplace or does BP have a market place?

@Brock Mogensen

Yeah I need to get back to networking groups. I moved to Arizona and renovated my new home to move my family in so I spent day and night doing it and decided to stop doing everything for two months to get that done but after I finished I never went back to my normal routine. I will definitely let people know where I am headed and see if I can link up with someone.

Thanks all for the great advice here. I definitely have experience and proof of concept just need to get out a little more!