• New to Real Estate
  • Manitowoc, WI
Votes |
Where do these renters come from??

Chad Tessmann
  • New to Real Estate
  • Manitowoc, WI
Posted Apr 9 2021, 07:29

After reading all these books and forum posts... one thing that still doesn't click with me is where on earth do these renters come from?!?  So I find a good property deal... takes time but ok.  Fix it up probably... yeah, I'm good at that.  And then what?  I post an ad on a few popular sites and magically a renter will apply?  

I guess I have a fear that all of the renters in my area will suddenly vanish.

User Stats

Votes
Brian G.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Apr 10 2021, 18:22

@Chad Tessmann call a couple local property managers and they will tell you everything you need to know about demand in the area, etc in one conversation. A couple phone calls is all it takes as they always know the pulse of the market.

User Stats

Votes
Derek Meyer
  • Largo, FL
Votes |
  • Largo, FL
Replied Apr 10 2021, 18:36

@Chad Tessmann I had the same fear. Then I posted the duplex I got on Facebook market place. I can’t keep up with all of the responses and had to take it down just to buy myself some time.

Best way to overcome this fear is to see it for yourself.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Derek Meyer
  • Largo, FL
Votes |
  • Largo, FL
Replied Apr 10 2021, 18:37

@Christen G. A big one I’ve noticed recently is many do not have the credit history to qualify even if their income qualifies. Small mistakes there can lead to years of repair if someone isn’t guided.

User Stats

Votes
Christen G.
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
  • Seattle, WA
Replied Apr 10 2021, 18:41
Originally posted by @Derek Meyer:

@Christen G. A big one I’ve noticed recently is many do not have the credit history to qualify even if their income qualifies. Small mistakes there can lead to years of repair if someone isn’t guided.

Sure. No credit is better than bad credit, however. Verifying income is super important. Best of luck to you.

User Stats

Votes
Aigo Pyles
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Memphis, TN
Replied Apr 11 2021, 05:37

Not everyone can afford to buy a house so they rent. While others think that renting would be a better option for them than having a house. Some people transfer from one state to another state due to some issue such as employment, kids, family, etc. There are several reasons why there are renters. 

In Memphis, TN, around 53 to 56% are renters. 

User Stats

Votes
Alexander Szikla
  • Real Estate Agent
  • New York City
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • New York City
Replied Apr 11 2021, 17:51

Market on websites, hold open houses, put up a sign on the property. It isn't rocket science just perseverance and eye balls.

If you are really at a loss, you can always hire an agent to handle your rentals.