Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Baker McGinnis
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Hey guys! Looking to network with anyone in the Charlotte or surround areas.

Baker McGinnis
  • Charlotte, NC
Posted Sep 22 2023, 18:07

Hello to all my fellow BP enthusiasts!

I'm new to the BiggerPockets family and planning to invest in my first SFH rental property by the end of this year. I'm currently living in Charlotte, NC and looking to invest somewhere outside of the Charlotte or in South Carolina. Everyone seems to be exceptionally helpful in this forum and I'd love to network with anyone in the Charlotte or surrounding areas. I'm eager to share/gain as much knowledge as possible with any like minded investors as well as lenders or brokers. Hope everyone is has a fantastic weekend!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 24 2023, 03:25

Good morning, Baker!

Welcome to BP. I also currently live in the Charlotte area and would be more than happy to connect!  

User Stats

Votes
Wyatt Wolff
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Sep 25 2023, 10:57

Here in Charlotte as well! We should all grab lunch one day 

The One Brokerage Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Harrison Charles Edwards
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Sep 25 2023, 12:31

Hey man, I am local to the Charlotte area and always looking to network with others in the area.

User Stats

Votes
Dmitriy Fomichenko
Tax & Financial Services
Pro Member
#1 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Solo 401k Expert
  • Anaheim Hills, CA
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
Pro Member
#1 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Solo 401k Expert
  • Anaheim Hills, CA
Replied Sep 28 2023, 23:24

Welcome to the BP family @Baker McGinnis , it's great to have you here!

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

Wishing you the best!

User Stats

Votes
Chris Reichenbach
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Oct 10 2023, 09:06

Hey Baker,

There's lots of cool areas right outside of Charlotte with a lot of growth opportunities. Growing areas like the Concord/Kannapolis area provide some opportunity for affordable housing and easier entry points but they're also close enough to Charlotte to commute. Those areas would be perfect for flips, House Hacking, and BRRRR's if you find the right deal and a solid area closer to the hospitals and attractions.

User Stats

Votes
Sloane Kraftsow
  • Lender
  • New York, NY
Votes |
  • Lender
  • New York, NY
Replied Oct 10 2023, 10:49

Welcome to the BP community! This site is an incredible platform that has numerous resources so definitely take advantage of it all. I'd love to get you started with your first rental property.

Would love to connect.

User Stats

Votes
River Sava#2 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
River Sava#2 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Oct 11 2023, 06:06

Hey Baker! I just moved to Charlotte and would love to connect!

User Stats

Votes
Pat Rineman
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Oct 11 2023, 09:23

Hey @Baker McGinnis I am in Charlotte and would love to connect. My one piece of advice would be to do some research on property taxes in SC vs. NC for non-owner-occupied properties. If you are planning on house hacking, you shouldn't have any issues while you occupy the property. However, if you are not going to be occupying the property I would recommend sticking to NC.

Here is a previous thread that gives a few good examples: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/725/topics/604427-south...

All the best,

Pat

User Stats

Votes
Jacob Dellinger
  • Property Manager
  • Charlotte Metro
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Charlotte Metro
Replied Oct 12 2023, 09:07

Hey Baker! Charlotte is a great spot to be. I live on the SC side in York county, but my investments and clients are in NC. I agree with @Pat Rineman, taxes in SC are great for primary residences, but can be a pretty big expense for investment properties. Good luck finding your first rental!

User Stats

Votes
Baker McGinnis
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Oct 12 2023, 17:51

Thank you all for your incredible responses and advice! This info has been extremely helpful in narrowing down my market research. I will be attending the Charlotte REIA Meetup next Tuesday (10/17) at 6:30PM in Concord. For those of you living in or around the Charlotte area, I highly recommend attending this Meetup. Tons of networking opportunity and you'll get a chance to hear everyone's REI stories. Other likeminded investors, lenders, bankers, etc. are able to answer any questions you have. If you'd like some more info about the Meetup, feel free to shoot me a message. Hope everyone is having a safe and productive week!