• Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Investing in Real Estate

James Soils
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Nov 13 2015, 11:35

Hello  everybody,

my name is James and I live in the Los Angeles area, I used to flip homes years ago and

I think that I was pretty good at it. After going through a divorce , I'm now ready to get

back into the business and I realize that a lot of things have changed  and  I want to start

at the bottom and work my way up. I 'm  disabled and retired but that won't prevent me

from becoming  successful. Can someone please give me some advice as to where I

should start ?  Thank You very much.

User Stats

Votes
Jeff Lezark
  • Lender
  • Boca Raton, FL
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Boca Raton, FL
Replied Nov 13 2015, 11:43

Welcome, James. I think most on BP would agree that this is the best place to learn and reacquaint yourself with the business. The next best place is your local REIA chapter. You can find chapters at nationalreia.org. Best of luck!

User Stats

Votes
Charlie Fitzgerald
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Las Vegas, NV
Replied Nov 13 2015, 11:57

Hi James!  Nice to see you here.  Great place to be!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Juan Carlos Quiroz Zolezzi
  • Lender
  • Upland, CA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Upland, CA
Replied Nov 13 2015, 12:51

Hi James,

Welcome to BP... it is a great tool with tons of information, do research here before getting any of the expensive classes.

There are many many RE investors and specifically flippers in Los Angeles and surrounding cities... you will find some here but I suggest you also find info on local real estate clubs here on BP or meetup.com, go there, check them out and meet others in the industry and see what others are doing.

Cheers! see you around...

User Stats

Votes
Michael Lee
  • Investor
  • Coppell, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Coppell, TX
Replied Nov 13 2015, 15:56
Originally posted by @James Soils:

Hello  everybody,

my name is James and I live in the Los Angeles area, I used to flip homes years ago and

I think that I was pretty good at it. After going through a divorce , I'm now ready to get

back into the business and I realize that a lot of things have changed  and  I want to start

at the bottom and work my way up. I 'm  disabled and retired but that won't prevent me

from becoming  successful. Can someone please give me some advice as to where I

should start ?  Thank You very much.

Hello and welcome!  I am 59 years old and I was born and raised in Dallas Texas..  I graduated from college and I got a broker license in 1980.  I have been in the construction business since I was 17.  If you think I can help you please contact me at any time,.  I would recommend buy and hold up in to 4 units if living on site will suit you otherwise you ought to look for stuff that is owner financed.  There is a lot of ways to make money. Just  what you like the most, do the numbers, and don't give up.  Buy and sell with rehab seems to make good money if you are into that.  Good luck!