Myra Mallet
  • Cypress, TX
Votes |
Rookie in Houston, TX

Myra Mallet
  • Cypress, TX
Posted Jul 31 2018, 14:53

Hi Bigger Pockets community:

I’m Myra Mallet, a newbie in Houston, TX. I’ve been lurking and learning through the BP site for months and decided to introduce myself after listening to Brandon make the suggestion in a podcast.  

By day, I’m an accountant in oil and gas looking to transition into real estate through buy and hold multi-family properties. Currently, I’m in the process of building the first of 3 duplexes. Grateful for the tools and tips shared here and through the BP site. 

Just decided to jump into the deep end of the pool and swim!

Look forward to connecting and learning with you. 

User Stats

Votes
Aaron Beauchamp
  • Lender
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Houston, TX
Replied Jul 31 2018, 14:59

@Myra Mallet Welcome to the Bigger Pockets forums! If you need anything do not hesitate to ask! Congrats on the new construction!

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Syrios
Pro Member
  • Residential Real Estate Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Residential Real Estate Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
ModeratorReplied Jul 31 2018, 15:02

Welcome to BiggerPockets Myra and good luck investing!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Myra Mallet
  • Cypress, TX
Votes |
  • Cypress, TX
Replied Jul 31 2018, 15:04

Thanks @Aaron Beauchamp

User Stats

Votes
Myra Mallet
  • Cypress, TX
Votes |
  • Cypress, TX
Replied Jul 31 2018, 15:04
Originally posted by @Andrew Syrios:

Welcome to BiggerPockets Myra and good luck investing!

Thanks Andrew!

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Fleming
  • Lender
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Lender
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Aug 1 2018, 10:47

Welcome @Myra Mallet! Best of luck with the duplexes, those are great cash flow machines!  We own several of those, let me know if you have any questions or want to bounce some ideas back and forth.  

User Stats

Votes
Tyson Dierschke
  • Investor
  • Rosenberg, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Rosenberg, TX
Replied Aug 1 2018, 10:54

Welcome Myra! I am also in the early phases of my RE career, and small multi-family buy and hold is where I want to start. Looking forward to hearing about your success.

User Stats

Votes
Myra Mallet
  • Cypress, TX
Votes |
  • Cypress, TX
Replied Aug 1 2018, 17:52
Originally posted by @Daniel Fleming:

Welcome @Myra Mallet! Best of luck with the duplexes, those are great cash flow machines!  We own several of those, let me know if you have any questions or want to bounce some ideas back and forth.  

Thanks Daniel!! Appreciate the offer to ask questions and learn! 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 2 2018, 17:57

I'm in oil and gas as well and I planed on doing that (duplex investing) after a few buy and holds. Clearly I'm a chicken. Lol Congrats and best of luck!

User Stats

Votes
Brandon L.#4 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Falls Church
Votes |
Brandon L.#4 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Falls Church
Replied Nov 10 2018, 06:25

Hello! @Myra Mallet

Welcome to BP, and congratulations on making the decision to invest in your future via real estate.

I have written a few blog posts that may help you get started here on BP, and with your investing. Please click on the links, give them a read, and share your thoughts in the comments.

First is a post that I feel will help not get overwhelmed with the amount of info that is here on BP:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52761-the-simple-guide-to-getting-started-on-bp

The second is a post that will help get you focused with your real estate investing goals:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52743-im-new-to-bp-any-advice-would-be-appriciated

The last one is a post that will help you choose an “investor friendly” real estate agent. There are many agents out there, but it’s important to choose the right one.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52724-im-new-to-investing-how-do-i-find-an-investor-friendly-agent

I love answering questions if you have any! Good Luck :)