Votes |
Newbie in Atlanta, GA

Sean Rosenbaum
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted May 24 2020, 20:11

Hi BP community!

My name is Sean. I've been a silent community member for about a year now, keeping in touch with different topics on the forums, listening to every Podcast, and reading a handful of the useful BP blogs. I recently moved to the suburbs of Atlanta, GA and I'm finally in a position to move forward with investing. I have my Real Estate Agent license in PA and will be looking to get my reciprocal license in GA here in the next month or two but being agent is primarily for personal benefit than it is for making it a full-time job. I'm currently a Senior Database Administrator by day, and a deal finder/analyzer by night, and a Scuba Diving Instructor on the weekends.

In terms of the "Triangle" Brandon always refers to, I'd say my strengths are the knowledge and the hustle whereas I'm currently in search of a partner to fulfill the finance aspect. Being new to the GA suburbs, my main focus is learning the market and making good connections with other rockstars.

Anyways, I just wanted to finally chirp up and say hi and say that'll you'll be seeing more from me in the near future!

User Stats

Votes
Caleb Harwell
  • Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied May 25 2020, 05:52

@Sean Rosenbaum Hi and welcome to Atlanta!
      I too recently moved to Atlanta (North Buckhead) and have started to learn more about the market here. I moved up last May to work with my brother on flipping houses. He's been doing that for about 4 years now and we focus mainly in the chamblee/brookhaven/doraville areas. I come from working at a community bank as a lender and also have a handful of rental properties myself that I have managed myself for about 3 years now. I am still trying to learn about the areas in and around the perimeter myself. I would love to link up and chat about real estate sometime! Goodluck with everything! 

User Stats

Votes
Brenden Mitchum
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied May 25 2020, 06:20

Hey @Sean Rosenbaum, welcome to the BP community!

What strategies are you looking to get into here in ATL? What is your plan? This is very useful information, not just to yourself, but also to potential future partners that see this post. You are definitely taking the right steps to start networking but share a bit more about yourself and your REI goals so that we have a better idea of where you are now and where you're going. This way we can all help each other!

By the way, I am also a recent (December) transplant to the Greater Atlanta area. Since moving here I have gotten my real estate license and have been studying the market non-stop. So if you have any questions regarding the ATL market or individual submarkets within the MSA, please feel free to reach out to me anytime!

Mitchum Real Estate by eXp Realty Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Sean Rosenbaum
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied May 25 2020, 06:28

@Brenden Mitchum

I'd have to say my focus area is in LTR Buy/Hold through BRRRR in SFR or small MFR. When I analyze a potential deal though and the numbers don't really fit for LTR, I do reanalyze to see if flipping would be a good option.

Looking forward to connecting!

User Stats

Votes
Brenden Mitchum
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied May 25 2020, 07:02

@Sean Rosenbaum

Thanks for sharing your strategy of choice with us! 

Cash flowing properties is definitely the way to go if you're looking to build long-term wealth. If this is your goal, I'd say don't even worry about flipping. Flipping is a job and you'll already have one of those as a real estate agent here. However, if you find something that would make for a great flip but would not fit your B&H strategy, perhaps you could tie it up under contract and simply wholesale or even list it yourself if it is off-market. Just some ideas but I do think focusing on one main investment vehicle to start is smart. Pick something that gets you moving towards your goals and stick with it until it no longer moves you towards those goals, then pivot to something else.

Mitchum Real Estate by eXp Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
Bill Hampton
Tax & Financial Services
Pro Member
  • Tax Strategist, Financial Planner and Real Estate Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
Pro Member
  • Tax Strategist, Financial Planner and Real Estate Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied May 25 2020, 10:26

@Sean Rosenbaum

@Caleb Harwell 

Welcome to Atlanta. 

Check out the Georgia Real Estate Investors Association for local networking and education. 

Good luck and let me know if I can be of assistance. 

User Stats

Votes
Justin Windham
Pro Member
  • Solo 401k provider
  • Denver & Hilton Head
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Solo 401k provider
  • Denver & Hilton Head
Replied May 25 2020, 11:07

@Sean Rosenbaum

Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

This is a great place to learn and network. A lot of forum members are very knowledgeable in their respective fields related to real estate investing, whether that is real estate sales, wholesaling, flipping, rentals, lending, self-directed IRA and Solo 401k investing, or tax and legal guidance.

If you haven’t been to it already, you might want to check out the BP blog: https://www.biggerpockets.com/blog/

The site has quite a few tools that can be helpful for new members. I like the search features: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search

Alerts can be really helpful too: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Syrios
Pro Member
  • Residential Real Estate Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Residential Real Estate Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
ModeratorReplied May 25 2020, 15:58

Welcome aboard Sean!

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 25 2020, 20:25

Hi guys!

Welcoming you ALL to Atlanta! I am not new to the city, as I've been here for well over 20 years, being a former New York City resident, but I am new to real estate investing. I'm wholesaling currently as a means of building capital for future buy/holds. I learned about wholesaling in late February and had just joined the local REIA before things shut down. I've been trying to connect with folks on-line, but being a newbie, not really much to say except I'm sniffing out deals that are direct from seller in order to actually 'start' generating revenue.

I'm learning tons via Bigger Pockets as well as various FB forums.

I look forward to saying hello in person (from an acceptable distance) when the REIA events re-open! In the interim, if I can help at all with familiarizing you with the city, give a shout!

Sandra Davis

User Stats

Votes
Tom Ott
  • Equity Raiser and Turnkey Provider
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Equity Raiser and Turnkey Provider
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied May 26 2020, 06:30
Originally posted by @Sean Rosenbaum:

Hi BP community!

My name is Sean. I've been a silent community member for about a year now, keeping in touch with different topics on the forums, listening to every Podcast, and reading a handful of the useful BP blogs. I recently moved to the suburbs of Atlanta, GA and I'm finally in a position to move forward with investing. I have my Real Estate Agent license in PA and will be looking to get my reciprocal license in GA here in the next month or two but being agent is primarily for personal benefit than it is for making it a full-time job. I'm currently a Senior Database Administrator by day, and a deal finder/analyzer by night, and a Scuba Diving Instructor on the weekends.

In terms of the "Triangle" Brandon always refers to, I'd say my strengths are the knowledge and the hustle whereas I'm currently in search of a partner to fulfill the finance aspect. Being new to the GA suburbs, my main focus is learning the market and making good connections with other rockstars.

Anyways, I just wanted to finally chirp up and say hi and say that'll you'll be seeing more from me in the near future!

Hello and welcome! Best of luck to you!