Karan Narang
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
New in central NJ

Karan Narang
  • Dallas, TX
Posted Jul 31 2015, 08:14

Hello all

Looking to get into the business. We are a group of 4 investors starting out with ~$100k in the bank. We are looking for recommendations for an investor friendly agent in the central to northern NJ area. Also, can someone recommend an investor friendly bank/ lender?

Thanks

Karan

User Stats

Votes
Mark Gee
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Red Bank, NJ
Votes |
  • Red Bank, NJ
Replied Jul 31 2015, 09:25

Hey Karen - sounds exciting - NJ has some great opportunities now.

I love my agent and he's also a contractor which makes estimating costs a breaze. Highly recommend.  He has helped me a ton. 

Lonnie Plasner

(646) 526-6133

[email protected]

Best of luck!!

User Stats

Votes
Parag Shah
  • Edison, NJ
Votes |
  • Edison, NJ
Replied Jul 31 2015, 10:54

@Darren Sager is a great investor-friendly agent I'm working with.  Listen to episode 48 of the BP podcast.  He gave some great insight, and is definitely knowledgeable about the northern NJ market.

I see you're located in Sayreville.  I don't know what types of neighborhoods or investment properties you're interested in, but at lower price points I've heard good things about Perth Amboy.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Nnanna Obuba
  • Piscataway, NJ
Votes |
  • Piscataway, NJ
Replied Aug 3 2015, 11:17

I'm new here too..In Central Jersey. I'm interested in buying to rent. Is there any one book I can get that will set me on my way?

Do the agents listed above not mind working with rookies like myself?

User Stats

Votes
Mark Nolan
Pro Member
  • Professional
  • Carlsbad, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Professional
  • Carlsbad, CA
Replied Aug 3 2015, 13:36

@Karan Narang

BP is full of useful resources such as forums and blogs. Welcome to the Bigger Pockets community-be sure to check out all the awesome BP blogs under “Learn.”

@Karan Narang

User Stats

Votes
Mark Gee
  • Red Bank, NJ
Votes |
  • Red Bank, NJ
Replied Aug 3 2015, 16:27
Originally posted by @Nnanna Obuba:

I'm new here too..In Central Jersey. I'm interested in buying to rent. Is there any one book I can get that will set me on my way?

@Nanna I recommend starting with Rich Dad Poor Dad, its really a great introduction the the concept of assets vs liabilities & building long term wealth.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Leffelholz
  • Lender
  • Westfield, NJ
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Westfield, NJ
Replied Aug 3 2015, 16:58

@Karan Narang

You've gotten some good investor friendly realtor recommendations so I will give you a lender recommendation. I highly recommend Millington Savings Bank.  They are in the Basking Ridge area but I believe they will go statewide.  Best of luck.

Michael

User Stats

Votes
Karan Narang
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Aug 3 2015, 19:37
Originally posted by @Michael Leffelholz:

@Karan Narang

You've gotten some good investor friendly realtor recommendations so I will give you a lender recommendation. I highly recommend Millington Savings Bank.  They are in the Basking Ridge area but I believe they will go statewide.  Best of luck.

Michael

@Michael Leffelholz

Thank you. Anyone specific you recommend i speak to?

User Stats

Votes
Nnanna Obuba
  • Piscataway, NJ
Votes |
  • Piscataway, NJ
Replied Aug 3 2015, 20:09
Originally posted by @Mark Gee:
Originally posted by @Nnanna Obuba:

@Nanna I recommend starting with Rich Dad Poor Dad, its really a great introduction the the concept of assets vs liabilities & building long term wealth.

@Mark Gee , Thanks for the recommendation. I am looking for a book/ books on specifics as it pertains to the processes involved in buying/rehabbing/ renting out

User Stats

Votes
Mark Nolan
Pro Member
  • Professional
  • Carlsbad, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Professional
  • Carlsbad, CA
Replied Aug 3 2015, 22:26

@Karan Narang

BP is full of useful resources such as forums and blogs. Welcome to the Bigger Pockets community-be sure to check out all the awesome BP blogs under “Learn.”