• Investor
  • Morris Plains, NJ
Votes |
Kingston NY-What do you think?

Rigo V.
  • Investor
  • Morris Plains, NJ
Posted Nov 5 2017, 09:13

looking for opinions on the Kingston NY rental market. I’ve spoken to a few people but wanted to see what everyone else thought. Originally I was intrigued by the PA-Allentown market but Kingston has a nice feel to it and wanted to see what the consensus was.

Also if you have any good connections/ people you can share that would be great. 

1) realtor 

2) property manager

3) contractors 

Thanks so much! 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 19 2018, 18:54

I actually live and work in the area, as a realtor. The rental market is at its best right now, and Kingston has tremendous growth opportunity. Please email me if you are still interested in the area.

User Stats

Votes
John Hickey
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Chappaqua, NY
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Chappaqua, NY
Replied Jun 25 2018, 18:32

I like Kingston. Great little City. Def think it has a future.
I spent a good amount of time looking at the market. Then didn’t buy there.

Everything I looked at was inflated. A lot of speculation going on there. I felt like every deal I bid on was being bid up to risky levels.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Thedia Samara
  • New York
Votes |
  • New York
Replied Jul 15 2018, 16:01

@John Hickey do you have a recommendation in the Hudson Valley area? I was in Red Hook but, I'm not thrilled about that area.

User Stats

Votes
Paul DeSilva
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • New York, NY
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • New York, NY
Replied Jul 22 2018, 16:29

@Rigo V. I invest in the surrounding areas and really like Kingston, it's a great City, I'm there all the time but I have to agree with @John Hickey the Kingston market is very inflated, especially uptown.