• Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer
  • Redding, CA & Bend OR
Votes |
Bend - Sunriver - Three Rivers - La Pine Oregon

Karen Margrave
  • Redding, CA & Bend OR
ModeratorPosted Sep 10 2017, 13:31

We're relocating our business to Oregon. We've bought a lot, and will be building a smaller spec while we get a feel for the area, process, etc. I'm considering organizing a meetup of BP members once I get settled in. Please weigh in and tell me what you're doing as far as REI in the area, and your experiences. Tell me about the pros and cons, dealing with the City on permits, development, etc. What price range are you investing in? Types of property? What types of deals do you want to do in the future?

User Stats

Votes
Eric Bilderback
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sisters, OR
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sisters, OR
Replied Sep 10 2017, 20:24

Karen,

We did have a meeting going unfortunately it petered out.  The last one I was the only guy there.  But I think it would be great to get one started again.  I do have list of the people who went the last ones.  I would be happy to get it up and running.  

I am not much help with permits etc. I have never built anything. I am a buy and hold investor. Currently I have only multi-family however residential would work for me. I just need it to forecast a 10% COC return. I have only made one offer on a place with that criteria in the past year. It was off market and the seller ended up keeping and just doing a refi.

User Stats

Votes
Josh Garner
  • Lender
  • Bend, OR
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Bend, OR
Replied Sep 11 2017, 08:25

Its been tough for REI here over the last few years...perhaps why there hasn't been enough interest to maintain a BP group in the area. Due to the rising prices around here, I've begun to pull equity out of Bend and reposition into properties outside this area. There's still plenty of opportunity around here for those willing to be creative, but super challenging and lots of competition for what opportunities do exist. Locally, "dealing with the city" gets a bad rap, (part of the growing pains of the area - rezoning areas, budget constraints, rapid growth is always going to ruffle some local feathers:) but the folks down there are very friendly and timely, in my experience. Hope this is helpful!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Karen Margrave
  • Redding, CA & Bend OR
Votes |
  • Redding, CA & Bend OR
ModeratorReplied Sep 17 2017, 16:14

Thanks guys! Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I'm actually in the process of getting moved. Unfortunately the house I rented isn't available until the 1st of October so I'm staying down in Shasta County, CA until then. Once I get up there, let's meet up and see if we can help each other.