• Rental Property Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
REI in Parkersburg, WV

Philip Arthur
  • Columbus, OH
Posted Feb 4 2021, 06:01

Hello! I wanted to extend an invitation to any folks out there who are investing or interested in investing in the Mid-Ohio Valley. End goal is to create commerce and have a network of investors, contractors, and lenders for us to share knowledge and grow together. As many people know, this industry is just as much reliant upon your network as it is your wallet so PLEASE come join the group and let's bring quality, affordable housing to the great people of WV.

https://www.facebook.com/group...

User Stats

Votes
Philip Arthur
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Feb 4 2021, 11:08

Facebook Group:

The MOVIE Buzz | Mid Ohio Valley Investing Entrepreneurs

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Sturgill
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Feb 4 2021, 16:44

Great effort @Philip Arthur and greatly needed...we invest in the Columbus, Lancaster, and Athens markets...the Southeastern part of the state is really an incredible place. Are you focused in one area in particular or just the region as a whole. How has the response been so far?

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Remington Lyman
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Feb 5 2021, 11:28
Originally posted by @Philip Arthur:

Facebook Group:

The MOVIE Buzz | Mid Ohio Valley Investing Entrepreneurs

Thanks for putting this Columbus, Ohio group together!

• Real Estate Agent Ohio (#2019003078)

Reafco Logo

User Stats

Votes
Mark Keeler
  • Fremont, CA
Votes |
  • Fremont, CA
Replied Feb 6 2021, 09:26

I am interested in investing and moving to West Virginia.

User Stats

Votes
Mike Hinton
  • Property Mgmt/Investor
  • Marietta, OH
Votes |
  • Property Mgmt/Investor
  • Marietta, OH
Replied Feb 8 2021, 09:50

We're long term owners and property managers in Parkersburg and Marietta and have had good success in the MOV.  There's always opportunities around.  

User Stats

Votes
Aaron Phillips
  • Burlington, KY
Votes |
  • Burlington, KY
Replied Feb 12 2021, 18:33
Originally posted by @Philip Arthur:

Hello! I wanted to extend an invitation to any folks out there who are investing or interested in investing in the Mid-Ohio Valley. End goal is to create commerce and have a network of investors, contractors, and lenders for us to share knowledge and grow together. As many people know, this industry is just as much reliant upon your network as it is your wallet so PLEASE come join the group and let's bring quality, affordable housing to the great people of WV.

https://www.facebook.com/group...

Hey, I'd be more than interested in joining your group. I'm currently living in KY, but have a house in Parkersburg, WV as well. I just recently relocated from there. For some reason the link isn't working though when clicking on it. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 18 2022, 19:25

from marietta and getting ready to buy in parkersburg 

User Stats

Votes
Mike Hinton
  • Property Mgmt/Investor
  • Marietta, OH
Votes |
  • Property Mgmt/Investor
  • Marietta, OH
Replied Apr 18 2022, 20:28

Great to hear Nathan!  Do you have other properties/experience?

Its a challenging time to buy good value rental properties.  Most will take some work and you have to know what you're getting into cost wise so do your Due Diligence well and ask questions.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 18 2022, 20:54
Quote from @Mike Hinton:

Great to hear Nathan!  Do you have other properties/experience?

Its a challenging time to buy good value rental properties.  Most will take some work and you have to know what you're getting into cost wise so do your Due Diligence well and ask questions.

Thanks,  this will be my first rental.  I've built a couple houses so that helps a little. Getting ready to start calling the banks for financing,  any recommendations?  Hopefully keep it local.  Got a 4plex, each unit with 1 stall garage, 1 1/2 bath 2 bed. I'm hoping to buy.  Current rent roll of $2700 ( think that's low )and they want 275k for the property.  What's your thoughts for this area?  It's in a nicer part of town on a dead end rd.

User Stats

Votes
Mike Hinton
  • Property Mgmt/Investor
  • Marietta, OH
Votes |
  • Property Mgmt/Investor
  • Marietta, OH
Replied Apr 20 2022, 09:12

Community Bank, Wesbanco, Union Bank or Credit union may finance if youre a member.  Talk to Seller if you can and see if they'll carry a note, at least for the 20-30% down and you may get in with nothing down.  Never hurts to ask even if its a listed property AND even if you do have the money...save it for another deal or to improve the property.

User Stats

Votes
Mike Hinton
  • Property Mgmt/Investor
  • Marietta, OH
Votes |
  • Property Mgmt/Investor
  • Marietta, OH
Replied Apr 21 2022, 05:58

Get an inspection Nathan to be sure you dont miss something.  They're not perfect but you might be able to use info to renegotiate price ....or maybe terms.

The $2700 sounds too low or the price too high.  Value depends on many things.  Call the office and ask for me if you want to talk.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 24 2023, 07:43

Hi Philip,

How has your network coming along in the Parkersburg/Vienna/Marietta area? Have you found good real estate agents and contractors that have experience working with out of state investors. I'm interested in investing here using BRRRR or potentially rehabbing and flipping.

Thanks, Mike

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.