Votes
Nate Leaders
  • Waukesha, WI
Votes |
Milwaukee Meet Up

Nate Leaders
  • Waukesha, WI
Posted Sep 22 2015, 18:37
I've anxiously awaited the last two meet ups in Milwaukee. They're once a month and I've only been studying this the last two months. However both of them have now been cancelled. :( I'm very new to this but have been addicted to the podcast, I've listened to over half of them now but I think all the info is giving me a sort of shiny object syndrome and I'm dying to meet up with some like minded individuals. Now I have nothing to offer in the way of an agenda or experience, only conversation and a jumbled knowledge base. But I was hoping some people may still wish to meet up and network at the usual Stone Creek Coffee this Saturday the 26th. I'll be blindly showing up about 9:30-9:45 as I work till 9 or shortly after in Waukesha. My hope is that I get some response here, and if not I hope some don't realise the real one was cancelled. Hope to see you there!

User Stats

Votes
Dawn Anastasi
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Sep 22 2015, 18:39

@Nate Leaders thanks for taking the reins on this one.  I was just talking with Nicole, the organizer of the group. She has been swamped as many people in real estate sometimes are.  Hopefully we can get things moving again. She just put out a poll on the meet up site asking what topics everyone would like to hear about.

If anyone knows of another meeting spot (maybe a free one?) this would be good too.  Stone Creek is a great place to meet, but the meeting spot isn't free, the facility does charge for it.

User Stats

Votes
Ramon Jenkins
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Milwaukee County, WI
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Milwaukee County, WI
Replied Sep 22 2015, 18:43

Nate : I’m available this Friday morning.

Send a private message and maybe we could meet up at a

south side Starbucks location.   ( one on one quick meeting )

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Nate Leaders
  • Waukesha, WI
Votes |
  • Waukesha, WI
Replied Sep 22 2015, 19:32

Thanks Dawn. I didn't realize it was a paid for meeting place. I kind of planned on hanging out in the free portion and watch for possible investors while drinking coffee. 

Jenkins. I'll send a PM and see what we might be able to plan. Thank you.

User Stats

Votes
Nicole Pettis
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • St. Louis, Mo
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • St. Louis, Mo
Replied Sep 22 2015, 20:35

@Nate Leaders

I do apologize that the last two have been canceled, but I was horribly sick last month & this month I've been extremely busy with my flip project trying to get it on the market. 

Unfortunately I'm the only one that runs the group, so when I'm down or out of town or just extremely busy it's difficult to find someone to take my place. 

As Dawn mentioned I have added a poll to the meetup page about maybe having the meeting different day/time of the week.

But we will be back on track next month. Not sure what the topic is going to be quite yet, but I will update the page once we figure it out.

Looking forward to meeting you!

User Stats

Votes
Dominic Densow
  • Realtor/ Investor
  • Waukesha, WI
Votes |
  • Realtor/ Investor
  • Waukesha, WI
Replied Sep 23 2015, 08:02

I too would love to meet up, I tried posting on the page but it said i needed to be a plus member to post even though i was not a thread starter. Count me in for the next meetup and i'll make the time for it. 

User Stats

Votes
Tyler Herman
  • Process Improvements and Entrepreneur
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
  • Process Improvements and Entrepreneur
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Sep 24 2015, 09:07

Can someone post a link to the Milwaukee Meet Up page?  I did a bit of looking around on the site but am also pretty new here and don't always know how to find specifics like that.

I'd be interested in joining future meet ups as a new investor as well, but don't know if I could make this Saturday work for sure yet.

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Tim A.
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Sep 29 2015, 21:37

Hello,

I 2nd what Tyler said; I too would appreciate if someone could post the milwaukee meet up site.  It would be great to meet up with some other like minded people.

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Dawn Anastasi
Pro Member
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Sep 30 2015, 11:32

Here's the link to the Brew City Meetup Group.

User Stats

Votes
Davon Lowery
  • Investor
  • Whitttier, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Whitttier, CA
Replied Jan 16 2016, 14:40

Can we plan something for March; The week of the 23-26th?

User Stats

Votes
Adam Kozuch
  • Investor
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Apr 21 2016, 20:02

Will these be kicking off again for the 2016 year? Anyone know if a new organizer is needed?

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Martin
  • Investor
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Apr 25 2016, 21:41

Adam Kozuch

I'm looking for the same thing and just followed this thread. Look at the link to the Brew City Meetup Group a few posts up, it looks like it's still alive and kicking. Hope to see you there!

JTM