Skip to content
Innovative Strategies

User Stats

Votes
Robert Finn
  • Realtor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
SubTo | Seller Financing Condo in the Lower East Side?

Robert Finn
  • Realtor
  • San Antonio, TX
Posted Mar 26 2024, 09:02

Does anyone have experience in Subject To / Seller Financing in NYC? I own a condo I'm looking to sell creatively, as the underlying debt terms are very attractive ( 3.625% 30 Year fixed ). I'm not confident in listing traditionally and just wanted to explore options and speak to anyone who has experience in these type of deals in the city. 

User Stats

Votes
Shakirah Y James
  • Investor
  • North Carolina
Votes |
  • Investor
  • North Carolina
Replied Mar 26 2024, 09:13

Hey Robert! I will say I am open to learning more about this opportunity. I haven't done one but have a little bit of knowledge from readings and past videos that have crossed my path. Could I ask your reason for selling? Does it need repairs, updates? Is it taking away your time, are you looking to minimize cap gains?

User Stats

Votes
Sujit Mapadath
  • Investor
  • Allen, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Allen, TX
Replied Mar 31 2024, 13:18

If you are on FaceBook, Pace Morby's group is extremely active in the creative financing space. It's a free group so make sure you are dealing with legit people. Good luck!

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Mohammed Rahman
  • Real Estate Broker
  • New York, NY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • New York, NY
Replied Mar 31 2024, 14:06

Hey @Robert Finn - I'm a broker, and investor in NYC. Subject-To financing is not super common here, especially for condos/co-ops. 

What are you actually trying to accomplish with this transaction? I'm asking so I know how to suggest a deal structure that will make sense both for you, and an NYC buyer. 

My guess is you probably have your reasons for not wanting to list it out of the gate, but my $0.02 is that even listing it publicly doesn't disqualify being able to seller finance it FYI. 

Let's chat more if you're open to it, you can DM me on BP or simply reach out at the contact information in my signature thanks.