Whats The Best Book Youve Recently Read???

177 Replies

The Holy Bible...66 books, 40 different authors. Most read book in the world, most bought book in the world, and believe it or not the most stolen book in the world. Can’t go wrong with this one.

"Rich Dad, Poor Dad" by ‎Robert Kiyosaki. This book has many reasons why it was so great but number one is how it changed the way I look at spending money. I love the idea of how the rich spend money on wealth-producing assets, and not cash-sucking liabilities. This one thought alone has completely changed my perspective on money and wealth creation.  

Nick 

I thoroughly enjoyed reading BiggerPockets Book on Estimating Rehab Costs by J Scott.  It was an excellent resource that clearly defines the mindset of estimating through evaluating the scope of work.  I would highly recommend!

Start with Why.

Finished this month. Not investing book, but I have been reading REI books and podcast last couple years. This one really made me look at my current career and life to give me that push to actually put down actionable plans and start moving.

This post has been removed.

Originally posted by @Jeffrey Douglas :

Think of a book youve read in the last 3 months that you gleaned the most knowledge from. Share with the group the title and author and one reason why it was so great!

• Long-Distance Real Estate Investing: How to Buy, Rehab, and Manage Out-of-State Rental Properties-by David Greene

@Jeffrey Douglas

I just read The Power of New- Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose by Eckhart Tolle. This was life changing! There are a lot valuable things that I learned in this book. One thing is that people generally live in the past or for the future so they end up never being happy. I personally am always thinking so I am not enjoying the present moment. All we have is today, as tomorrow is never promised.

I'm just finishing up "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill.  This is such a timeless piece and so much holds true from the '30s to today in this book (and the 21st Century addition is great as it provides updated examples which is nice).  This book is really a mind-shift book...it makes you look at the world, finances, real estate, and yourself a whole different way and in a whole new light.  

Here are my two favorite books. Many practical strategies discussed how to become financially independent.

1) 

How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big: Kind of the Story of My Life

By  Scott Adams

2) 

Your Money or Your Life: 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence: Fully Revised and Updated for 2018

By Vicki Robin, Joe Dominguez

Traction by Gino Wickman. My business partner gave it to me in October of last year and it ignited an inferno inside of me. It also made me realize that I was miserable, so in January I sold out of the Residential Real Estate Firm and went full time with investing! You could say the gift back fired on my partner but it changed my life for the better!

@Jeffrey Douglas great question.

Passage Meditation by Eknath Easwaran.

Real estate investing, working and making tons of money is not enough or really even that great of a life with out the other more important parts.

Feeling a sense of calmness, clarity and focus, never feeling rushed, and being a successful Real Estate investor.... now that’s something worth pursuing.

"Never Split the Difference" was a game changer for me. Written by a former FBI Negotiator, Chris Voss. Totally changed the way I approach negotiation tactics with buyers and sellers. Its an easy read, with very interesting storytelling. I could get roped in and actually enjoy the book as I read through, rather than feeling like I was reading an instruction manual. Highly, HIGHLY recommend

Atlas Shrugged- Ayn Rand

This book eerily mirrors some situations going on currently in the US. People wanting things given to them, and having twisted sets of morals. It encouraged me to produce more than I consume.

"Great at Work" by Morton Hansen.  His big mantra is "do less, but obsess".  Hansen did an analysis of all types of high performers and what made them so successful at work.  High performers obsess over the most critical tasks, rather than distract themselves with multi-tasking.

It is a scientific fact that people’s gestures give away their true intentions. Yet most of us don’t know how to read body language– and don’t realize how our own physical movements speak to others.

My answer to your question is The Definitive Book of Body Language by Allan Pease. This international bestseller reveals the secrets of nonverbal communication, check it out.

To your success, 

Suly

@Jeffrey Douglas Not exactly business related, but “12 Rules for Life” by Jordan Peterson. Sounds like a self help book, but it’s far from it. More like a collection of psychological theses on the fundamental problems that hold people back from real success. Peterson is one of the most important intellectuals of our time, do yourself a favor and check him out. You can also find thousands of hours of his lectures on YouTube.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here