Rental Property Investor · Valdosta, GA · Member since 2018 · 33 posts · 31 votes
Think of a book youve read in the last 3 months that you gleaned the most knowledge from. Share with the group the title and author and one reason why it was so great!
Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 9k+ votes
7y
The book of Ecclesiastes . It’s about the richest man in the world at that time having everything he wants but realizes it’s all in vanity . It’s deep and makes you realize what’s important and how everything is passing away .Many lessons can be found in it about wealth and the pursuit of happiness.
Rental Property Investor · Dallas, Texas (TX) · Member since 2014 · 79 posts · 25 votes
7y
My top three of recent history are:
1) Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin
2) Grit by Angela Duckworth
3) Relentless by Tim S. Grover
These aren't specifically about real estate, but rather the mental models that high performers use and develop to be successful in anything.
If anyone is interested I nerd out exactly on this topic because I read a ton. My website is in my signature where I look at these books and apply the lessons to real estate investing. I have a whole series of them - "How to Apply it to REI".
Nothing to sell. Totally free for everyone, just my love of learning and REI. Enjoy!
Real Estate Investor · Painesville, OH · Member since 2017 · 29 posts · 15 votes
7y
The Richest Man in Babylon by George Clason. Not a Real Estate Investment book per say, but a book that demonstrates the importance of money management and the importance of compounding interest and how to truly make your money work for you.
Investor · Gig Harbor, WA · Member since 2011 · 9 posts · 4 votes
7y
Personalities Plus, recognizing different personality types and your own to learn how to better interact with others. Understanding why some people drive us crazy and how we can adapt to be more effective. Winning at the people game to be successful in business.
Kyparissia, Messinia · Member since 2017 · 94 posts · 43 votes
7y
Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World
by Cal Newport
This was the last book I read. It's not about REI, but it made me rethink about how I can make better use of technology by carefully choosing how I use it, as well as what I use it for.
Real Estate Agent · Allentown, PA · Member since 2017 · 343 posts · 156 votes
7y
@Jeffrey Douglas I wasn't able to read everyones responses but I would put "Will Power Doesn't Work" by Benjamin Hardy high on your list! Its so practical, helpful and true! A member of my Bigger Pockets Mastermind suggested it to me and it was amazing. Atomic Habits by James Clear was helpful to listen to right afterwards as the compliment each other really well.
Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 512 posts · 301 votes
7y
@Jeffrey Douglas I read psychology but am still new to investor psychology
I am currently finishing why we buy by paco underhill
I recommended it to anyone that owns any sort of business.
Robert Caldini presuasion and psychology of influence I also consider the standard
The first one is jam packed with information and makes you really think about he b users first person perspective and what they look at, for and are drawn too
The other author is just very good at going in-depth as to why these strategies are so effective
Rental Property Investor · Stafford, VA · Member since 2013 · 28 posts · 13 votes
7y
Financial Intelligence for Entrepreneurs: What You Really Need to Know About the Numbers by Karen Berman and Joe Knight (published by Harvard Business Press) is a good read that can really illuminate business financials for anyone wanting to scale and get taken seriously.
I enjoyed David Greene's Long Distance Real Estate Investing. His writing on investing out-of-state and how to build and leverage a team on the ground gave me the confidence to do my first deal 4.5hrs away from my home (successfully, at that!).
The book of Ecclesiastes . It’s about the richest man in the world at that time having everything he wants but realizes it’s all in vanity . It’s deep and makes you realize what’s important and how everything is passing away .Many lessons can be found in it about wealth and the pursuit of happiness.
We must have the same Sunday school curriculum. That was literally the lesson Sunday.
Rental Property Investor · Hillsboro, OR · Member since 2018 · 117 posts · 64 votes
7y
@Jeffrey Douglas
Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod. Based the Savers and how you start your day and the impact that it has on personal development and growth. It has been a gamer changer for me in overall mindset. MUST READ!!!!!
Martinsburg, WV · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 8 votes
7y
@Jeffrey Douglas
“How Do I Tax Thee? A Field Guide to the Great American Rip-Off” by Kristin Tate
Why? Because the fact that it takes a determined person just to find out where our tax dollars are going is bad, but what she found is even worse. The amount of abuse is shocking to any rational person. It might not be the greatest read (especially in audiobook format) but the content trumps delivery. It has inspired me to change my plans for retirement (still decades away) and ultimately that journey led me here.
Real Estate Agent · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2017 · 184 posts · 253 votes
7y
There's a good reason The Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz has sold more than 6 million copies. I listened to this on Audible and thought the book and narrator were great!
This is the best book that I have read in years. They truly lay it all out in this book. Most RE books do not have any details because the author does not have them or they are holding back for the next book. This one has all the details that you need to start your own syndication biz. If you truly want to get rich in RE then read this book because it will get you there.