Question about Baltimore, Maryland Neighborhoods

10 Replies

What neighborhoods in Baltimore (or zip codes) are your favorite for purchasing buy and hold properties and why?

I just purchased in 21214 and this area has a lot of multifamily homes.  It's a multi-cultural, stable community, with some decent schools.  Nearby zips are great also, like 21206 and 21234.

Since I only have one property in Baltimore, it is Pigtown (21230) . If I had a bit more money I might have gone with Ridgley's Delight, provided the place had off street parking. From what I can tell, street parking is hard to come by, and worse so on game days.

If and when I buy another Maryland property, and if I decide to bother with Baltimore (I'm tempted to stick a little closer to home) I might look a little closer to the areas north of Penn Station, or stick with Pigtown.

I like Pigtown. I could afford to buy something and the neighborhood reminded me of Washington DC's Shaw neighborhood circa late 1990s early 2000s. Back then Shaw was sketchy and had nightly gun fire, and today it's hip filled with 20 somethings carrying around yoga mats and starring into their phones. I think Pigtown has potential, and it may take a while before it too has more hipster 20somethings walking around than the non-so hip people.

Baltimore is really a block by block city and I wouldn't necessary focus on a specific zip code. This is especially true if you're optimizing for cash flow not appreciation. 

I'll buy, control or auction real estate in any neighborhood if the property has CASH FLOW or EQUITY. Why restrict yourself to one area when looking to make a profit.

I use a system called CONTROL and Roll - this is where we control real estate and sell it at auction without having to take title, get financing or jump thru hoops for lenders and others who want to stop investors from making money.

Making many offers is where an investor can turn profits - I use a skinny contract offer and make many of them, some without inspection.

Charles Parrish-- Hi,

I hear your commercials on the radio in Baltimore and always wondered how you buy so many properties. So with Control and roll, are you saying you just get the property under contract and then auction it off without ever taking possession or paying anything to the seller yet?

Originally posted by @Jake K. :

Charles Parrish-- Hi,

I hear your commercials on the radio in Baltimore and always wondered how you buy so many properties. So with Control and roll, are you saying you just get the property under contract and then auction it off without ever taking possession or paying anything to the seller yet?

Thanks for your question - Controlling real estate is the highest financial leverage one can ever achieve in real estate - Control & Roll is a system created by me from pure frustration with being a real estate sales person (broker/agent) - I needed to GET OUT OF CONVENTIONAL  real estate - there were too many gate keepers, buyers, sellers, appraisers, underwriters, banks, mortgage brokers and others who didn't care if you made a buck or not, if you helped your client or not, just too many ways to stop a sales from going to settlement ------- 

I had to find another way to make money in real estate without those regulations stopping me - cutting-off my income and making me crazy -----

I wanted a system where I got paid full commission without contingencies, without inspection requirements and a way to sell real estate for all cash without having to mess around with FHA or other loan products or appraisals.

So ----- the birth of Control & Roll - simply put C&R is a way of negotiating real estate with a skinny offer subject to a public auction. WOW - it turned out to me amazing - what a great way to detour away from lenders and others who had too many requirements to settle real estate.

So now as an auctioneer, owner of an auction company and investors, I only deal with buyers and sellers who understand the value of a fast and simple way to control and sell real estate - a system that has benefits for all; buyers, sellers, agents and investors.

The sellers gets what is offered, the buyer usually gets a good deal, the investor walks with money and the auctioneer get their fee.

Charlie Parrish

Thank you for your comprehensive answer..Wow, that is brilliant. Definitely takes alot of the red tape out of the deal!

If you are buying rentals and comfortable with section 8 the bel air Edison area can be nice that's in 21213. 21218 and I am currently rehabbing a brrr deal in 21216. 

21206 not 21213 is bel air Edison. 21213 also has nice rental negiorborhoods sorry for any conufsion 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.