St. Louis Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Isaac Anderson
Votes |
Section 8 Indianapolis, IN

Isaac Anderson
Posted Sep 6 2019, 17:14

Hello. I've been researching and looking for my first property in Indianapolis. I finally found a duplex with 2br/2ba. The numbers look great, it's in a C area, next to a school. I found out that the current tenants are Section 8. I've started doing research on Section 8, and asked my friend who has Detroit Section 8 renters. Obviously there are pros and cons, but I'm hoping for the BP community to chime in with their experience. Side note, I don't live in Indy, but will have a property manager. Thanks for your input.

User Stats

Votes
Josh C.
  • Property Manager
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Sep 6 2019, 18:10

@Isaac Anderson

Guarantee rent is great. No I lost my job and can’t pay you business. But the inspections are very subjective and there is a good chance they find something that’s really not important and make you fix it. So if you keep up the house it can be good. But our clients that have very old houses and haven’t done a big rehab get a $1000 work order every inspection. Indy is great though.

User Stats

Votes
Isaac Anderson
Votes |
Replied Sep 6 2019, 18:35

@Josh C. The inspection is 1x per year correct?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes