• San Francisco, CA
Votes |
Tips on Visiting Omaha

Tommy Hoang
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Francisco, CA
Posted Jan 2 2018, 21:01

Hey everyone,

My partner @Jeffrey Almonte and I will be visiting Omaha 2 weeks from now and would love the opportunity to connect with you. We have plans to attend the local REIA meeting as well as @Collin Schwartz's monthly meetup. We're staying with a local investor in Benson and will spend our 4 days checking out the various neighborhoods, meeting with lenders, and connecting with our brokers. If you have any suggestions on places to eat, we'd love to chat/learn from you while sharing why we chose Omaha and the craziness of the California market. 

Hoping to see you soon, you'll definitely spot us with all of our layers as we brave the cold you're experiencing!

User Stats

Votes
Marina Loos
  • Papillion, NE
Votes |
  • Papillion, NE
Replied Jan 2 2018, 21:43

Welcome. I moved here from Los Angeles last year. Im a new investor and I’m currently flipping my first property in south Omaha. I am well versed in the craziness of the Cali market but would love to know why you guys chose Omaha. (I agree it is a great place).

I am in the Papillion area and recommend “ollie and Hobbes” if you’re  in this neighborhood. 

User Stats

Votes
Rochelle Nickerson
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Omaha, NE
Replied Jan 3 2018, 17:24

It will be wonderful to have you! If there is anything my team and I can do for you while you are in town, please don't hesitate to contact me. We do a lot of work in Midtown, Aksarben, Blackstone, Dundee, North O, and South O. (Although we cover other areas as well.) If you like to dance, I can recommend some good salsa/bachata depending on what days you are here. 

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Tommy Hoang
  • San Francisco, CA
Votes |
  • San Francisco, CA
Replied Jan 3 2018, 19:38

@Marina Loos, thanks for connecting with us over email. looking forward to seeing you for lunch!

@Rochelle Nickerson, welcome to BP! We've actually connected with Brad at DVG, are you guys on the same team? @Jeffrey Almonte is a fantastic dancer and use to be in a dance crew. I also use to break dance but have not practiced in a long time haha. 

User Stats

Votes
Rochelle Nickerson
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Omaha, NE
Replied Jan 4 2018, 07:14

Yep! Brad and I work together. :)  My church is actually starting a dance squad. . . we have a local competition called Crown My Crew. I'd love to get some pointers on choreography. . . it would even be great to bring in a guest instructor sometime if he or you teach or know of any good instructors. That would be awesome! 

User Stats

Votes
Jeffrey Almonte
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Jan 4 2018, 08:26

@Marina Loos I'm looking forward to our trip to Omaha, escaping the crazy LA traffic, and meeting up you!

@Tommy Hoang Haha, it's been a while since I've danced too. I only dance occasionally at weddings now.

@Rochelle Nickerson That's awesome news about your church dance squad! I can learn choreo well but I'm terrible at coming up with choreo haha. Look to youtube videos for some inspiriation. Some of my favorite hip hop choreographers are Keoni and Mari, and Kyle Hanagami.

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Gayden
Pro Member
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Omaha, NE
Replied Jan 4 2018, 09:08

@Tommy Hoang

Omaha is a nice town and I like it as a place to invest. If you are looking for cash flow rentals, there are a number of single family properties under $50,000. Also there are some areas around town with great opportunities for flipping houses.

Hopefully it will have warmed up a little when you arrive.

User Stats

Votes
Rochelle Nickerson
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Omaha, NE
Replied Jan 4 2018, 09:23

@Jeffrey Almonte I've seen some of Kyle's work. Love it! Keep dancing! =) 

User Stats

Votes
Tommy Hoang
  • San Francisco, CA
Votes |
  • San Francisco, CA
Replied Jan 4 2018, 20:02

thanks @Anthony Gayden! We're focusing our efforts on multifamily 8+ units at the moment but will keep your notion of single family properties in mind.

User Stats

Votes
Dana Asilum
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
  • Omaha, NE
Replied Mar 9 2018, 07:24

Hi, I'm investor in both Omaha and Lincoln! Would love get some strategies from you on hammering out some deals! Thanks!