Votes
Tom Barnicle
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
Looking for house to flip or rent in Omaha

Tom Barnicle
  • Omaha, NE
Posted Mar 1 2018, 15:39
We moved to Omaha from St. Louis. I have 3 two families and 2 houses I bought and rehabbed and rent out in St. Louis. I am a real estate agent and would like to buy a fixer upper to rent in Omaha, but the market here does not seem to allow someone to make much, or any money off a flip, or as a rental. I’m looking in the 80-150k range. I see opportunities in St. Louis for rentals, or flips, but nothing here since we moved in August of 17. I see houses going under contract that would not get their money back in rent, or a flip and they sell fast. Also, the rental market seems a little slow and not quite as high in rent as compared to Saint Louis. Anyone else in this area see the same trend, or have any recommendations?

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Gayden
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Omaha, NE
Replied Mar 1 2018, 15:58

Tom Barnicle

This market is different than St. Louis for many reasons. There is money to be made here, you just have to really look for the deals.

I'm looking mostly off market.

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Miller
  • Investor
  • Omaha, Ne
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Omaha, Ne
Replied Mar 1 2018, 16:46

@Tom Barnicle
Anthony is right. There are deals to be had. They can certainly be tough to find though, and rarely on the open market. I sent you a personal message if you want to connect. Now and then we come across the kind of deals you are referring to. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Tom Barnicle
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
  • Omaha, NE
Replied Mar 2 2018, 17:20

Anthony, I saw from one of your posts that you bought a property in Dundee. I would also like to find a property in this area. Did you go through a wholesaler, or how did you locate this off market property you purchased?
Thanks,
Tom