• Real Estate Agent
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
Interest Rates are Squeezing Cash Flow

Alan Walker
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Posted Dec 5 2018, 06:48

I just refi-ed two rentals recently and am definitely seeing the effects of interest rates bumping up and my monthly cash flow. One was 5.75% and the other was 6%.  Both with Intercap.

What are some interest rates that you've been getting on investment loans recently? 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 5 2018, 07:15

It is a cost of doing business. Increase your rents accordingly. Market rents should be rising along with rising interest rates.

My interest rates have risen up to around 4.5%. Up 1/2% in the last 2 months. I have a variable as opposed to a fixed rate. 

User Stats

Votes
John Thedford#5 Wholesaling Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Naples, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Naples, FL
Replied Dec 5 2018, 07:25

7% fixed cash out refis. 10 years straight amortization. They have now raised their rates to 7.5% and no longer offer amortized loans. Conventus Lending in CA. 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Wick
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Ankeny, IA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Ankeny, IA
Replied Dec 5 2018, 08:28

Just closed on a duplex on Monday. My third property of the year. 

20% down payment, 5.45% fixed, 25 year amortization, 7 year balloon. Could have gotten 5.25% with a 5 year balloon. Partnership has a 5 year plan, so decided to go with the 7 year option to give cushion on what we may do. This is with a local bank that will keep these in-house.