Skip to content
Milwaukee Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Roberts
  • Wholesaler
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
Networking in Milwaukee Area.. Where to start?

Brandon Roberts
  • Wholesaler
  • Milwaukee, WI
Posted Jan 19 2021, 08:32

Hello all, thanks for taking the time to check out my post. My name is Brandon Roberts and I'm a motivated wholesaler new to the area. I want to conduct business with others who have a strong sense of ethics and professionalism, and to just find more pleasant like-minded individuals to connect with. By far I believe I have gotten the most value here from BP, but if it wasn't for Covid, I'd be buying investors in my area Starbucks and asking for a chat over coffee sometime! 

Happy Tuesday and Have a great Week all! Wishing you success and health.

User Stats

Votes
Adam Gollatz
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Jan 19 2021, 11:05

Hey Brandon, welcome to the Milwaukee market. Good luck wholesaling and feel free to reach out if you want to connect and chat some more.

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Roberts
  • Wholesaler
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Jan 19 2021, 11:24

@Adam Gollatz thanks for reaching out and the warm welcome! Looking forward to any future opportunities!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Drew Lied
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Milwaukee
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Milwaukee
Replied Jan 19 2021, 11:48

@Brandon Roberts hey Brandon, nice to meet you, virtually at least. I’m a realtor in the area that works with primarily out of state investors. Mostly cash buyers. Feel free to reach out if you’d like to connect.

User Stats

Votes
Brock Mogensen
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Syndicator
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Syndicator
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Jan 19 2021, 18:28

Welcome to the Milwaukee market!  I also invest and live in the area.

User Stats

Votes
Conrad Scoville
  • Contractor
  • Cedarburg, WI
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • Cedarburg, WI
Replied Jan 19 2021, 22:10

@Brandon Roberts

Welcome to MKE! I recently moved back here too, after being away for a while. I own one property in the city. Hoping to grow my portfolio and looking to network too. The Brew City REI group on Facebook is a good place to connect with people here as well! I would definitely take you up on a coffee after the pandemic! I hope you enjoy it here, Milwaukee is a cool city with a lot of possibilities!

Cheers,

Conrad

User Stats

Votes
Dawn Anastasi
Pro Member
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Jan 21 2021, 11:54

Check out the AASEW. Mostly landlords, maybe some looking to add to their portfolio.

User Stats

Votes
Josh Anderson
  • New to Real Estate
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Feb 20 2021, 11:56

Welcome Brandon. I'm a new investor in the area (still looking for my first deal), but always happy to connect!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 21 2021, 16:13
Originally posted by @Dawn Anastasi:

Check out the AASEW. Mostly landlords, maybe some looking to add to their portfolio.

Sorry, what is AASEW? 

User Stats

Votes
Dawn Anastasi
Pro Member
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Feb 22 2021, 12:04
Originally posted by @Cameron Parsa:
Originally posted by @Dawn Anastasi:

Sorry, what is AASEW? 

AASEW = Apartment Association of Southeastern WI

It's a landlord group focused on networking, legislation, and educational opportunities. 

• Education - Every year, the AASEW puts on the Landlord Bootcamp which aims to educate landlords about various notices and is taught by an attorney.
  • Networking/Education - The AASEW also puts on the Trade Show (typically held at Potowatomi -- had to be canceled for 2020 due to Covid) to help connect landlords to each other and to various vendors that can help their business.
  • Networking/Education - Each month, the AASEW holds meetings to connect landlords to each other and provide an educational topic to help landlords learn.
  • Legislation - AASEW works with lobbyists at the state level to work towards laws don't unfairly favor the tenants. The AASEW also connects with those in the court system and at the local level.

I hope this helps.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 22 2021, 13:40

Wow, thank you so much! I really appreciate it

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 22 2021, 13:52

I'm landlord in Milwaukee too but based on CA. If there's virtual meeting I'm glad to join. I'm especially curious on building maintenance during winter month, need to learn much from you.

User Stats

Votes
Dawn Anastasi
Pro Member
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Feb 24 2021, 15:35

@Carlos Ptriawan The AASEW holds virtual meetings every month, so you don't have to actually live in or visit Milwaukee to join. They are on the AASEW website, and I post them on BiggerPockets as well in the events area.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.