60 Day Challenge Bookcamp by InvestClub for Women, OC CA

8 Replies

Hi Everyone:

Has anyone participated in this book camp for investors?  At the InvestClub for Women, at www.womeninvestclub.com, a book camp is going to be held on February 23, 2015 for $2,197.  Even though I am a beginner, I have a great deal of diversified experience and background.  Thus, I consider myself ready for investing.  In addition, I believe that I can use the $2,197 to strike up my first deal with my first property, instead.  I am very much interested in getting advise on this or if someone has taken this program in Orange County, CA.  Thank you.  Tina in Orange County, CA

@Account Closed  I have NOT taken this course, but have taken many similar courses. I can share if you are interested. Just PM me. I would also encourage anyone to continue learning and never stop for the Rey of your life. I also encourage you to check out the Orange County Meetup every month in Lake Forest. 

Good luck with you investing. 

@Joe Homs  how about sharing here?  That's the purpose of forums.

Jon Holdman, Flying Phoenix LLC

@Tina Mendoza 

Not familiar with this training. Not much listed on the website. I suggest getting a detailed description of the event and speak with several who attended as newbies.

In the interim check out below. You might have already reviewed or done them.

Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having over 100 past ones to catch up on.

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses,The Book on Estimating ReHab Costshttp://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and all the cash buyers (rehabbers) you will need.

You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good luck

Paul

Dear Karen, Paul, Joe & BP Members:

Thank you all so much for your reply.  You are very helpful.  You have reminded me that BP is the best source for training at a minimal cost.  In addition, I can still attend my local club monthly meetings for $20 a month fee.  In fact, I get more from BP that I would from a paid guru; not that I would not be willing to pay.  However, why pay if we don't have to.  As an accountant, my training is that of maximizing and leveraging our money, and building assets, while minimizing our liabilities.  One seed to plant for all investors.  The focus is more effective with the motive of training, services and accomplishments; rather than, how to get rich.  In other words, money or getting rich should not be the motivating factor, but the by product of our good works, what ever they will be.  In other words, if we do the right thing, everything else will fall into place, including the money.  Thus, a good guide for me to evaluate a trainer or a book or a program, if the focus is on getting rich, I get discouraged.  Yes, we all want to be financially independent; however, I am trying to draw a line between financial independence and greed.  May the New Year be very successful for all at BP.  Happy New Year to all.

I never felt the need to pay thousands just to have some real estate investor tell you how to invest. When you can find all the info you need online for free. 

Tina, the first question you have to ask yourself is what type of investing are you looking to do.  The last time I heard about the investclub bootcamp, it was entirely about wholesaling.  If that's not what you want to do (and if it is what they still teach) then it would clearly be a waste of time and money.  I would definitely suggest you go to their meetings for a while in any case before committing that kind of money.

I have not participated in the 60 day challenge but I've talked to two people who have. They both found a lot of value in the training and spoke highly of it. It's focused on wholesaling i.e. getting deals but I don't remember if they actually did a rehab or not. They focus on the different ways of getting deals (direct marketing, calling FSBOs, etc) and require the participants to take massive, measurable action such as making a certain number of phone calls a week,  knocking on a certain amount of doors, mailing out a certain amount of letter, etc. The required numbers per week are substantial and require a commitment and are intended to get participants a lot of experience quickly by taking lots of action.

You're right, you can probably get all this information for free right here on BP. I think the value is for those who need more motivation, structure, and encouragement. Participants also get direct, live access to mentors. For someone who hasn't done anything except go to seminars for years, signing up for a program like this might be what they need to do  to get to the next level or even just get their first deal.

I've been to lots of the InvestClub for Women meetings (men are welcome, too) and I think highly of Iris, Bobbi, Holly, and the rest of the group. I believe they are honest, good people. I'm not planning to sign up for the challenge but I can see why others do so and I think it might be just what some people need.