BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat

User Stats

Votes
Wesley Williams
Votes |
How Rent Near (Philadelphia) College Campuses Covid-19

Wesley Williams
Posted Apr 6 2020, 08:41

I recently finished a multifamily renovation project near Temple University.  Usually, I would be getting a strong influx of potential student tenants looking for housing, but due to Corona, students have gone home and finding tenants in the area is tough.  Any suggestions for renting during Corona.  I also need to find renters before I can refi out of my hard money loan. 

Any suggestions or recommendations would be helpful. 

User Stats

Votes
Joseph ODonovan
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Ridley, PA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Ridley, PA
Replied Apr 6 2020, 09:29

@Wesley Williams I'm shooting from the hip here as we are living in unchartered waters. I would not restrict your property to college students as there is no guarantee these kids will be going back in the Fall. My daughter is a third year Temple student who lives off campus but is home with me now as she is finishing up online classes. We are not looking into any housing for the Fall semester until we are absolutely certain Temple commits to a normal class environment. I would get any type of tenants in there with one year leases so at least you have some rental income. Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Max T.
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Apr 6 2020, 10:10

You missed the boat. Temple students are securing housing for next school year usually between November and February.

Think about possibly furnishing it and renting to medical professionals.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.