Account Closed
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
toll free number marketing

Account Closed
  • Minneapolis, MN
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:48

Hello,
I am about to identify the remaining marketing tecniques and order supplies. I need to order bandit signs, cards, etc. and want to get a toll free number to list on the signs. I notice there are several different companies who offer 800 or 866 numbers that have voicemail systems attached. Can anyone reccomend one of the services that you have had a good experience with? They seem to have low initial cost and monthly fee, but maybe they really get you with the price per minute. Thanks for your help, Mike

Account Closed
Votes |
Replied Jan 13 2008, 22:28

I wrote this on another forum and being lazy I cut and pasted it here but I think it applies...

Dont buy an 800 number for the sake of buying one... Make certain that it is either a Vanity number or easy to remember number... I have several, the three best ones are 1-877-877-1010 1-877-UGLY-TOO and 1-888-EZ-AVOID... If I had a normal number say 1-866-0987-3575 I would be making the viewer remember 10 digits over 7 digits..

Also when you buy your number also try and buy your local area code... example I have 1-661-877-1010 also...

Good Luck

Michael Quarles

PS here is ATT lookup.. http://businessesales.att.com/products_services/tollfreeproduct_cataloglookup.jhtml

Account Closed
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
  • Minneapolis, MN
Replied Jan 13 2008, 22:57

Thanks Michael,

All of what you said makes sense. Is there a certain cokpany that provides the toll free/voicemail packages that you would recommend?

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Tom Wood
  • Residential Real Estate Broker
  • St. Louis, MO
Votes |
  • Residential Real Estate Broker
  • St. Louis, MO
Replied Jan 14 2008, 05:46

I like and use ring central www.ringcentral.com They give you the ability to route incoming calls to multiple places and are very reasonably priced.

User Stats

Votes
Jason Hanson
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Oakton, VA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Oakton, VA
Replied May 2 2008, 22:47

I use www.ringcentral.com and www.freedomvoice.com I have been pleased with both.

User Stats

Votes
Timothy W.#3 Off Topic Contributor
  • Investor
  • Viera, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Viera, FL
Replied May 3 2008, 02:45
Originally posted by "Michael_Quarles":

Also when you buy your number also try and buy your local area code... example I have 1-661-877-1010 also...

I was about to post this when I saw that Mike had it. I agree 100%. I have had more success with local area codes than I ever did with a standard 800 number. Note: I didn't have vanity numbers so I can't speak to that.

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Dorkin
Pro Member
  • BiggerPockets Founder
  • Maui, HI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • BiggerPockets Founder
  • Maui, HI
Replied May 5 2008, 01:53

I like www.gotvmail.com

User Stats

Votes
Jason Hanson
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Oakton, VA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Oakton, VA
Replied May 12 2008, 01:51

I agree with everyone that a local number seems to do a much better job. I have a local number on my bandit signs and only use my 800 number when mailing to out of state owners.

User Stats

Votes
Terry Royce
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Baltimore, MD
Replied May 19 2008, 06:50

are these types of numbers effective also in "cloaking" your identity when using bandit signs?

User Stats

Votes
Jason F
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Gainesville, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Gainesville, FL
Replied May 19 2008, 07:20

I agree with getting a 800 number, even if you don't have a vanity number. What if you send a letter to someone who doesn't want to pay long distance? That could be the difference between them calling you and someone else. Why would you take that chance on such an inexpensive tool.

I have one through ringcentral as well. When I signed up a couple of years ago it was pretty basic, now there is a lot of added features.

User Stats

Votes
Greg Willson
  • Ormond Beach, AL
Votes |
  • Ormond Beach, AL
Replied May 23 2008, 17:54

1-877-InfoLine is who we use... reasonably priced, easy to remember.

User Stats

Votes
Eric Badgley
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Bellingham , WA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Bellingham , WA
Replied Jun 1 2008, 09:34

The best one that I know off is www.ringcentral.com check it out. You get a toll free fax, phone line, extensions all for one price. Cost about as much as my fax.

User Stats

Votes
Terry Royce
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Baltimore, MD
Replied Jul 10 2008, 07:44

There were no "vanity" local numbers available that I could reserve.

There is a number 888-***-BUYZ that I want to reserve the stars spell out my business initials. I feel that the Z on the end of BUY sends an unprofessional image. Does anyone else have any input on this?

Its the only 800 number I could get that is all Letters that makes sense.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jim Sharp
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Replied Jul 11 2008, 11:02

I love Gotvmail.com.

Check them out... I've got the reasons I chose them over the over companies I've had. Do a search on my personal website for gotvmail. I wrote an article.

Good luck