Skip to content
Ask About A Real Estate Company

User Stats

Votes
Denise NA
  • Real Estate Investor
  • California
Votes |
Need good property management company in St. Louis!

Denise NA
  • Real Estate Investor
  • California
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:47

Anyone knows a good property management company in St. Louis, MO? Thanks a lot!

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Dorkin
Pro Member
  • BiggerPockets Founder
  • Maui, HI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • BiggerPockets Founder
  • Maui, HI
Replied Mar 27 2008, 23:55

Nope! I had a very difficult time finding a management company in St. Louis, and was burned several times. There isn't one that I would recommend.

I'm sure others may have different opinions on the matter, though.

User Stats

Votes
Kathy Utiss
  • St. Louis, MO
Votes |
  • St. Louis, MO
Replied Apr 7 2008, 10:19

What is it exactly you want this property manager to do? I've never called myself a property manager. But I have years of experience being a portfolio collector for well known collection agencies and mortgage companies.

I'm in St. Louis and know the area well..If it's just general ?? maybe I can answer for you? Or do you want someone to receive rents and show and such as well?

Let me know,

Good luck,

Kathy

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Dorkin
Pro Member
  • BiggerPockets Founder
  • Maui, HI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • BiggerPockets Founder
  • Maui, HI
Replied Apr 16 2008, 02:47

Did you ever find someone, Denise?

User Stats

Votes
Timothy W.#3 Off Topic Contributor
  • Investor
  • Viera, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Viera, FL
Replied Apr 16 2008, 09:12

Josh,
There's a Landlord association owner from St. Louis coming to speak to a buddy of mine's group here in Chicago next month. I'll make a mental note to ask him about property managers.

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Dorkin
Pro Member
  • BiggerPockets Founder
  • Maui, HI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • BiggerPockets Founder
  • Maui, HI
Replied Apr 17 2008, 23:40

Thanks Tim!

Has anyone heard of Majestic Management in St. Louis, by chance? The website is: http://www.majestic-management.com

Any thoughts on the company?

User Stats

Votes
Kathy Utiss
  • St. Louis, MO
Votes |
  • St. Louis, MO
Replied Apr 18 2008, 13:11

Josh,

I did some checking. The Prinicpal Yvonne Cox bought her res in 2002, Purchase price was 210,000-Loan amt was 191,000. The area she occupies her business is in down town St. Louis, serves St. Louis county and E St. Louis as well.

Sec of state shows they've been registered as a prop mgmt company here in St.Louis since 2003. You may want to check by county the homes are in. Maybe you'll find someone closer to your property may be better depending on it's location.

Google search didn't show any complaints listed anywhere. No bankruptcy cases. No civil suits...Website looks pretty legitimate. Yvonne if her website is true seems to carry alot of good qualifications and past employment history.

Just my 2 cents....

Good Luck,

Kathy

User Stats

Votes
  • Investor
  • Viera, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Viera, FL
Replied May 19 2008, 07:37

Josh,
I got the name of the guy who's coming to speak. His name is George Skidis. I know he's not a property manager but he's connected to the Metro East Real Estate Association in Collinsville, IL which is right next to St. Louis. I will talk to him tomorrow night about property managers down there.

Tim

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Dorkin
Pro Member
  • BiggerPockets Founder
  • Maui, HI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • BiggerPockets Founder
  • Maui, HI
Replied May 19 2008, 07:51

Thanks, Tim. I don't need the info anymore, but I'm sure that others would like to hear the recommendations.

User Stats

Votes
  • Investor
  • Viera, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Viera, FL
Replied May 19 2008, 11:14

NP. I will post what he says here. St. Louis was a heavily marketed area to out of town cash flow buyers about 2-3 years ago. I'm sure there's many people who bought property there.

User Stats

Votes
Mark McGlothlin
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Bozeman, MT
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Bozeman, MT
Replied May 20 2008, 01:32

Tim - I've got a contact who is an out of state owner of two fairly large apt. complexes there, and he's happy with his management company. Are you looking for multifamily or singe family portfolio management???

User Stats

Votes
  • Investor
  • Viera, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Viera, FL
Replied May 22 2008, 11:28

Thank you Redfish but no. I was actually getting a referral for folks who were looking for a St. Louis area prop. manager. I just heard from a great speaker from that area Tuesday and asked him for some names.

Anyway, the closest referral he had for a St. Louis area manager was in Collinsville, IL for a Doug Hartman of Hartman realty. I don't remember exactly but I think Collinsville is close to St. Louis.

Tim

User Stats

Votes
Nina C.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • St Louis, MO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • St Louis, MO
Replied Jan 11 2012, 13:31

Josh, are you doing business with Majestic Management and if so, do you recommend them? I'm looking for a property manager to manage rentals in East Saint Louis. Recommendations are appreciated. Thanks in advance!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Anthony G
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Jan 12 2012, 07:04

Denise,

Where is your property located in St. Louis? I would think this would make a difference in who could handle it.

User Stats

Votes
Rafael Lopez
  • La Puente, CA
Votes |
  • La Puente, CA
Replied Sep 1 2017, 07:07

@Mark McGlothlin would you be able to me with the management company info? I'm in multifamily. Much appreciated!

User Stats

Votes
Keith Klumb
  • Investor
  • Dublin, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Dublin, CA
Replied Dec 7 2017, 12:36

I am also looking for a St. Loius property manager. I have a couple of properties in the area. My old property manager was bought out and the new one seemed great at first but now I've been having issues so I'm looking for recommendations if anyone has someone they have personal experience with or have heard good things about.

User Stats

Votes
Jason Harris
  • Fairview Heights, IL
Votes |
  • Fairview Heights, IL
Replied Jan 26 2019, 10:25

@Keith Klumb

Hello Keith, I notice that your post is dated back in 2017, but if you are still needing property management in St. Louis I am partner of D&M Maintenance Services. We may be able to help you out, we are the #1 prefered vendor in St. Louis for a company that has a billion dollar portfolio. Check us out at www.dmservicestl.com

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 23 2022, 15:17
Quote from @Timothy W.:

Josh,
There's a Landlord association owner from St. Louis coming to speak to a buddy of mine's group here in Chicago next month. I'll make a mental note to ask him about property managers.