Votes
Joseph A.
  • New Rochelle, NY
Votes |
Amza Capital Hard Money Lender

Joseph A.
  • New Rochelle, NY
Posted Jan 5 2019, 14:14

Has anyone ever used the hard money lender Amza Capital. What's your experience like with them. Thanks for any information you can share. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 30 2019, 09:24

Interested in hearing replies as well as we're considering them.

User Stats

Votes
Joseph A.
  • New Rochelle, NY
Votes |
  • New Rochelle, NY
Replied Jan 30 2019, 12:01

@Jamie Borst I still don't have any information on them. I only filled out the initial information on their website. Did you find out any information in your due diligence of this company?

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 7 2019, 10:36

Not yet.  Been swamped but should have time to chat with them next week.

User Stats

Votes
Joseph A.
  • New Rochelle, NY
Votes |
  • New Rochelle, NY
Replied Feb 7 2019, 10:58

@Jamie Borst ok thanks keep me posted

User Stats

Votes
Huy Nguyen
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Fremont, CA
Votes |
  • Fremont, CA
Replied Feb 11 2019, 13:03

Hi, were you guys in touch with AMZA lending? I'm interested as well and interest to hear any feedback.

@Joseph A. @Jamie Borst

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Feb 11 2019, 13:07
Originally posted by @Jamie Borst:

Not yet.  Been swamped but should have time to chat with them next week.

be cautious no NMLS or consumer finance or brokers license on website  those are mandatory for CA lender

plus I always worry about a lender that does every type of loan under the sun..

User Stats

Votes
Joseph A.
  • New Rochelle, NY
Votes |
  • New Rochelle, NY
Replied Feb 11 2019, 14:14

@Jay Hinrichs Thanks this is helpful, I never would have thought to look for that. I was a little wary when I told them how much I needed, they initially said no then sent me an email saying they could do it.

User Stats

Votes
Kyle J.
  • Northern, CA
Votes |
  • Northern, CA
Replied Feb 11 2019, 14:20

Never heard of them but as @Jay Hinrichs said be careful. They appear to be based out of California yet they have no California LLC/Corporation registered with the Secretary of State, no broker's license under their company name, and no record in the NMLS under their company name. In fact, the only thing I could find was a Fictitious Business Name/DBA registered with the County of Los Angeles which was just filed May 25th of last year:

Again, I don't know if they're legit or not as I've never heard of them.  But there are certainly some red flags for a company that claims to "lend in all 50 states" and who has supposedly "financed over one billion dollars worth of loans", according to their hard money page right here on BP:

It's enough that I'd be careful before sending them any of my personal info.

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Collins
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Houston, TX
Replied May 23 2019, 10:19

Thanks for posting this. I almost considered them because they are on the BP Featured HML page... I've seen a few others like this who are questionable. Does BP not vet these lenders before featuring or endorsing them?

Can anyone recommend any legit HML's that may operate nationally?

User Stats

Votes
Joseph A.
  • New Rochelle, NY
Votes |
  • New Rochelle, NY
Replied May 23 2019, 10:32

@Ryan Collins I'm working with limaone on a deal right now.

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied May 23 2019, 10:44
Originally posted by @Ryan Collins:

Thanks for posting this. I almost considered them because they are on the BP Featured HML page... I've seen a few others like this who are questionable. Does BP not vet these lenders before featuring or endorsing them?

Can anyone recommend any legit HML's that may operate nationally?

I don't believe BP vets the lenders.. or for that matter anyone else who pays to advertise.

I have seen them take down pod casts like they took down Morris's podcast after hundreds of complaints.

but for sure any company from CA needs a licnese to lend the fact that they don't have one prominitly displayed on their website or it cant be found were it should be found.. will give people pause.. 

Lima one is real though

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Collins
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Houston, TX
Replied May 23 2019, 12:21

Thanks Fellas, 

@Jay Hinrichs That's really unfortunate they don't it's bad for the brand and someone can really get taken for a ride. Appreciate your tokens of wisdom around the forums, it's helpful!

I actually reached out to LimaOne a couple years ago but never pursued it any further. I heard mixed things about them (mainly they're slow when it comes time to close) but I'm glad to see they are a viable option. @Joseph A. let me know how your experience is with them. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied May 23 2019, 13:42

Thanks Fellas, 

@Jay Hinrichs That's really unfortunate they don't it's bad for the brand and someone can really get taken for a ride. Appreciate your tokens of wisdom around the forums, it's helpful!

I actually reached out to LimaOne a couple years ago but never pursued it any further. I heard mixed things about them (mainly they're slow when it comes time to close) but I'm glad to see they are a viable option. @Joseph A. let me know how your experience is with them. 

Visio in your state is a good lender 

User Stats

Votes
Joseph A.
  • New Rochelle, NY
Votes |
  • New Rochelle, NY
Replied May 23 2019, 14:03

@Ryan Collins I haven't closed yet due to my title report taking almost a month to come back, but I will let you know.

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied May 23 2019, 14:21
Originally posted by @Joseph A.:

@Ryan Collins I haven't closed yet due to my title report taking almost a month to come back, but I will let you know.

that is INSANE one month for  a title report .. ???  attorney closing abstractor states are so far behind the real estate closing curve.. 

we can get a title report in a matter of hours..   and If your just new or one time client maybe 3 to 5 days max.

User Stats

Votes
Joseph A.
  • New Rochelle, NY
Votes |
  • New Rochelle, NY
Replied May 23 2019, 15:51

@Jay Hinrichs wow same day, that's fast....what state are you investing in that moves that fast? I'm hoping this long time is an exception and not a rule.

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Collins
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Houston, TX
Replied May 24 2019, 13:27

Woah... I'm sorry to hear that man. So I guess that is more the fault of the title agency than LimaOne unless they are affiliated. Either way that's garbage. It's basically ending up to require the same length of time as traditional financing.

User Stats

Votes
Joseph A.
  • New Rochelle, NY
Votes |
  • New Rochelle, NY
Replied May 24 2019, 14:15

@Ryan Collins they are not affiliated

User Stats

Votes
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied May 24 2019, 14:27

Woah... I'm sorry to hear that man. So I guess that is more the fault of the title agency than LimaOne unless they are affiliated. Either way that's garbage. It's basically ending up to require the same length of time as traditional financing.

its not the lender its the closing attorney.. in attorney states they get bogged down and they have to hire a title abstractor to basically do the title searchs at the courthouse by hand.

the reason we get same day service is our title plants on the west coast are digitized and are in the Philippines.. so they do the search's over there at night :)  West coast title companies in each county have had their own title plants/ mirror of coursehouse ever since I got into the business in the mid 70s.. 

User Stats

Votes
Ben C.
  • Metuchen, NJ
Votes |
  • Metuchen, NJ
Replied Jul 25 2019, 07:22

Bumping this thread up

User Stats

Votes
Jace Holt
  • Investor
  • Eastern ID
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Eastern ID
Replied Mar 12 2020, 08:38

I know this was posted about a year ago, but I have a $1M+ loan through AMZA. They have been super solid to work with.