Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Caitlyn Drapeau
Votes |
Best skip tracing services?

Caitlyn Drapeau
Posted Jan 16 2022, 19:32

Hey everyone! I'm new here to BiggerPockets. I am a full-time Realtor in NH & ME. A few months ago I started attending a local investors meeting and have become obsessed with learning about real estate wholesaling. As a result, I have been meeting with other wholesalers and picking their brains to see how they run their business. Every wholesaler I have spoken with talks about skip tracing. I would like everyone's opinion on their experiences with skip tracing and which ones you have had the most success with? Thank you so much :) 

User Stats

Votes
James Heller
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
  • Denver, CO
Replied Jan 17 2022, 07:39

Batchskip all day. I’ve used several others, including free services when I was starting out. Saving $10 to miss out on proper data that leads you to a $40k deal is not worth it. 

Use code TTP for a discount!

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Janus
  • Realtor
  • Columbus OH & Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Columbus OH & Cleveland, OH
Replied Jan 17 2022, 08:00

You can hire a few different virtual assistants on a website such as Upwork.com, train them on how to skip trace, and stick with the one that is the best. 

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Jp Kilduff
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Brevard Co. Florida
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Brevard Co. Florida
Replied Jan 17 2022, 12:21

Find one with flexible pricing options, no long term monthly commitments and affiliate referral program. Let me know if you need more information or a referral link.

User Stats

Votes
Ray Danishyar
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • New York, NY
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • New York, NY
Replied Jan 18 2022, 17:37

I think SKIP Tracing is outdated. Thats just my humble opinion though. I feel like those lists are sold and resold numerous times over and over again for the same data. You can create your own methods and one stop shop by creating your own leads. Its not as easy but once you are up in running you are building a brand, equity in your business, and also constant flow of leads. I used to cold call, skip trace, send mailers, and don't get me wrong you will get success from it like James above, however as you gain experience you will realize you need deals faster, easier, cheaper, and with more "meat on the bones" and in order to have that you need constant deals flowing through your eco system and that's hard to do with mailers, cold calls, VA's and skip tracing etc. Hope this helps.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 17 2022, 07:01
Quote from @Caitlyn Drapeau:

Hey everyone! I'm new here to BiggerPockets. I am a full-time Realtor in NH & ME. A few months ago I started attending a local investors meeting and have become obsessed with learning about real estate wholesaling. As a result, I have been meeting with other wholesalers and picking their brains to see how they run their business. Every wholesaler I have spoken with talks about skip tracing. I would like everyone's opinion on their experiences with skip tracing and which ones you have had the most success with? Thank you so much :) 

@Caitlyn Drapeau What service did you end up using?  I am using batchskiptracing and it seems good.  I also used the coupon code @James Heller mentioned and it works.  Thanks, James!

User Stats

Votes
Sharron Ferrell
  • Aurora, IL
Votes |
  • Aurora, IL
Replied Jun 13 2023, 13:20

So, Ray, what do you suggest we do?

How do go about cresting our own?

User Stats

Votes
Chip Carmack
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Aug 13 2023, 07:26
Quote from @Ray Danishyar:

I think SKIP Tracing is outdated. Thats just my humble opinion though. I feel like those lists are sold and resold numerous times over and over again for the same data. You can create your own methods and one stop shop by creating your own leads. Its not as easy but once you are up in running you are building a brand, equity in your business, and also constant flow of leads. I used to cold call, skip trace, send mailers, and don't get me wrong you will get success from it like James above, however as you gain experience you will realize you need deals faster, easier, cheaper, and with more "meat on the bones" and in order to have that you need constant deals flowing through your eco system and that's hard to do with mailers, cold calls, VA's and skip tracing etc. Hope this helps.

I don't understand Ray. You say "skip tracing is outdated" but only make a vague reference to "creating your own leads". I have my own leads (name of decedent, physical address of property, personal representative for the estate, Their physical address. But I need PHONE NUMBERS to get better conversion rate for my letters. EMAIL would be nice too. HOW would I get those WITHOUT skip tracing? No offense, but telling people "that's not a good way to do it" and nothing more seems like a little league coach who tells his players "you're doing it wrong" but then doesn't give instruction of how to do it better. More details? Please and Thank You.

User Stats

Votes
Jp Kilduff
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Brevard Co. Florida
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Brevard Co. Florida
Replied Aug 13 2023, 14:11

Hey @Chip Carmack!

There are several options for skip tracing to find phone numbers and email addresses. Find one that can be custom to your needs, has flexible pricing, no long-term, high-cost memberships, and excellent customer services to determine how to best market to your leads.

If you would like a referral code or more information please let me know :)

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 7 2023, 15:19
Quote from @Ray Danishyar:

"You can create your own methods and one stop shop by creating your own leads.

how?

User Stats

Votes
Ron S.#2 Foreclosures Contributor
  • Paradise, CA
Votes |
  • Paradise, CA
Replied Nov 8 2023, 10:45

LexisNexis has a product called "Accurint". Banks and attorneys use it for skiptracing so, it would probably be good for you too.

User Stats

Votes
Lynn Y.
Votes |

@Ray Danishyar Create your own leads how?? How would you suggest starting this for a new Wholesaler? What platforms - what methods?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 3 2024, 06:21

I've gotten good results from Ninja Skip Tracing and Skip Matrix for my cold calling operation. Skip Matrix is a little more accurate but very pricey.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes