• Sacramento, CA
Votes |
Seller Finance Opportunities in Sacramento

Scott Scoville
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sacramento, CA
Posted Apr 1 2024, 09:11

Hey BP, curious what other wholesalers are seeing in their markets right now...? I'm getting a lot more seller finance, sub2, creative finance deals than ever before. Is this shift here to stay, or is it a window of opportunity? 

Scoville Realty & Investments LLC Logo

User Stats

Votes
Stefan Palacio
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Stanislaus County
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Stanislaus County
Replied Apr 1 2024, 16:45

I believe it's a bit of both. I think people are having to wake up to thinking outside the box. I believe there is a lot of opportunity until the banks begin to get creative again and look for new solutions. I am a bit south of you in the Turlock Modesto area. I am working on deals up your way though. Would like to chat more about opportunities. If you're up for it, send me a message!

-Stefan 

User Stats

Votes
David Ramirez#4 Wholesaling Contributor
  • Wholesaler
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Apr 2 2024, 08:11

Hey @Scott Scoville

Great that you brought this up!

I wouldn't necessarily say that this shift is here to stay, but we definitely have to make some changes to our acquisition process to accommodate creative deals and novations.

This shift is due to the saturation of the major markets, resulting in newcomers in the business offering too much for properties and not delivering on those promises, realtors promising too much for listings only to have them heavily decreased or canceled six months later, and the small increase in supply that we have experienced since the beginning of the year.

But yes! Creatives and novations are taking about 30% of our pipeline right now. 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Scott Scoville
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sacramento, CA
Replied Apr 2 2024, 09:23
Quote from @David Ramirez:

Hey @Scott Scoville

I wouldn't necessarily say that this shift is here to stay, but we definitely have to make some changes to our acquisition process to accommodate creative deals and novations.

This shift is due to the saturation of the major markets, resulting in newcomers in the business offering too much for properties and not delivering on those promises, realtors promising too much for listings only to have them heavily decreased or canceled six months later, and the small increase in supply that we have experienced since the beginning of the year.

But yes! Creatives and novations are taking about 30% of our pipeline right now. 

How much demand are you seeing for novations? We're working on one right now. Are you mostly wholesaling in Florida?

User Stats

Votes
Scott Scoville
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sacramento, CA
Replied Apr 2 2024, 09:23
Quote from @Stefan Palacio:

I believe it's a bit of both. I think people are having to wake up to thinking outside the box. I believe there is a lot of opportunity until the banks begin to get creative again and look for new solutions. I am a bit south of you in the Turlock Modesto area. I am working on deals up your way though. Would like to chat more about opportunities. If you're up for it, send me a message!

-Stefan 

Hey Stefan, yes, let's connect. I'll DM you my info.

User Stats

Votes
David Ramirez#4 Wholesaling Contributor
  • Wholesaler
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Apr 2 2024, 12:50
Quote from @Scott Scoville:
Quote from @David Ramirez:

Hey @Scott Scoville

How much demand are you seeing for novations? We're working on one right now. Are you mostly wholesaling in Florida?

Yes, we cover the entire state of Florida. There is good demand, but you have to price it right in comparison with the active properties around. For us, we implement novation and creativity when sellers want more than what we can offer in cash. Typically, those sellers are not as motivated or distressed as the ones in our cash sales.