TLO Skip trace service. Has anyone tried it?

TLO Skip trace service. Has anyone tried it?

Wholesaler · Mount Rainer, MD · Member since 2013 · 31 posts · 5 votes

Hello investors?

Has anyone ever heard of a skiptrace service called TLO. I was referred by a colleague of mine and I wanted some more insight on the program before I decided to hop in it. I will be using the service for the purpose of locating homeowners with vacant and unwanted homes that are hard to locate. Thanks again.

1Reply
511 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · Golden, CO · Member since 2013 · 590 posts · 319 votes
9y

@Ramy Khalil Investor using it for verification of contractors, business partners, tenants, etc. 

See this reply in the discussion

79 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Minneapolis , MN · Member since 2014 · 169 posts · 33 votes
    12y
    Hi Jeff I have not used TLO. My friend has good thinks to say about the service. Happy investing
  • Investor · Mableton, GA · Member since 2013 · 78 posts · 43 votes
    12y

    I have heard of them ..i have their name but no contact info.

    I have used this company and they charge $24.95 per skip. They are good. I had multiple phone numbers to call. They also sell packages 

    http://www.findtheseller.com
    [email protected]
    (888) 845-5219 9-5pm Eastern.

  • New York City, NY · Member since 2014 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    I use them for debt collection and have no complaints.. Ask for a quote on an unlimited package..

  • Rental Property Investor · Staten Island, NY · Member since 2013 · 480 posts · 197 votes
    11y

    @Jeffrey Mark

     I use TLO. They are great. I love the service. It takes time to set it up but it was huge investment for my business.

    Let me know if you have any other questions about TLO. I recently recommend the service to other investors. Lets see what they say about the service.

    @Jared Surnamer

     @Jonathan Makovsky

  • Investor · Roanoke, VA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 374 votes
    11y

    @Jeffrey Mark

     cheap,the best skip trace service 
    good luck

  • Hartsdale, NY · Member since 2015 · 874 posts · 218 votes
    11y

    With the internet skip tracing  is so much easier then it ever was.  They should be able to find most people.  It probably just gets down to price so it might pay to shop around as they probably all have the same resources

  • Rental Property Investor · Staten Island, NY · Member since 2013 · 480 posts · 197 votes
    11y

    @Barbara G.

    TLO cost $1 per search. It is very hard to compete with TLO prices.

  • Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 20 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    @Andriy Boychuk

    How was the qualifying process for TLO?  I heard two different stories about yes they will let you work out of your home but you need to own a business, lock on door, lock on filing cabinet, password protect your computer, background check etc.

    THe other story is that you can't work out of your home.  So please tell me what is it?  I work out of my home.

  • Professional · New York City, NY · Member since 2013 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    I have had it in the past, and I didn't have to get an inspection, and I worked at home.  I believe they are doing them now consistently with the way data and privacy change. 

    Another one that's good is IDI

    http://ididata.com/

  • Realtor® · Denton, TX · Member since 2015 · 46 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    Are u using them to find numbers of absentee owners or skipped renters?  I'm not sure I'd this it's the same TLO by transunion, but I was denied because looking four absentee owners is not a justifiable cause under their policy.  Can anyone clear this up for me?

  • Investor · Keller, TX · Member since 2015 · 28 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    I just signed up with TLO and had my site inspection last week for my home office.  They look for a paper shredder, locking filing cabinet, password protected computer, and lock on office door to name a few things.  They asked for the name and contact number for my HVAC tech as part of the in person interview questions which was kinda strange in my opinion.  I only had a standard bed/bath lock on my office door so I had to install an exterior door lock today and then send verification pictures over.  They want a legit keyed lock.  Still waiting to hear back.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Mobile, AL · Member since 2015 · 140 posts · 18 votes
    10y

    @Brian Lenz did you ever get your TLO account setup? Thinking about getting one and curious to know if its been useful for you.

  • Investor · Keller, TX · Member since 2015 · 28 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    @Jared Irby

    I got everything setup and approved.   I've looked up numbers and called. It seems to be working fairly well but it will take some time before I can fully test the system.  

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Mobile, AL · Member since 2015 · 140 posts · 18 votes
    10y

    @Brian Lenz Thanks for the info. What purpose did you indicate that you were using the info for or does it matter? Does it provide better info than something like Whitepages.com in your opinion?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Mobile, AL · Member since 2015 · 140 posts · 18 votes
    10y

    @Account Closed How much does Experian services cost? Do you have a contact to get that service setup. Tracking down a lot of property owners and good data is key to getting it done quickly.

  • Investor · Keller, TX · Member since 2015 · 28 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    @Jared Irby

    I just use it to look up homeowner information and make contact.  I haven't used Whitepages so I can't make a direct comparison. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Staten Island, NY · Member since 2013 · 480 posts · 197 votes
    10y

    @Dave Lee If you have your own business and you have a home office, you can use their service. If you do not have business and you do not have a home office, they will now approve you. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Staten Island, NY · Member since 2013 · 480 posts · 197 votes
    10y

    Just FYI 

    TLO charges flat fee of $25 per month if you do not use the account

  • phoenix, AZ · Member since 2014 · 13 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    I just applied for TLO and got turned down.  

    I have an LLC for 3 years. I have a home office with locks and shredder (thought I didn't get to this phase yet).

    For those who recently applied and got approved for TLO this year, can you advise literally what you put on your application forthe 'intended use'?  

    i called to inquire but they won't give you the reason.

    All I need is access to search vacant properties.  If there is anyone that would like to partner I would be willing to absorb most of the cost.

  • Paul AmegatcherPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Brookville, OH · Member since 2016 · 488 posts · 363 votes
    9y

    I use beenverified.com for all my skip tracing.  It is $25 a month for unlimited search. Data is pretty good.

  • Rental Property Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Hey @Paul Amegatcher, have you done a search for a absent owners? and gotten good contact infor via beenverified.com

  • Paul AmegatcherPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Brookville, OH · Member since 2016 · 488 posts · 363 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Chunky Mirchandani:

    Hey @Paul Amegatcher, have you done a search for a absent owners? and gotten good contact infor via beenverified.com

     That's all I use it for.  I look up the owners info on the Auditors website and then plug it into beenverified.  Beenverified also has property search so you can use that without the Auditors website.  I like my Auditors website because it links to the recorders website as well so I can view deeds and mortgages as well. The info is about 80%-85% accurate.

  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2012 · 289 posts · 74 votes
    9y

    I was also turned down by TLO.  They won't discuss the reason.  I'm interested in any good skip tracing company.  I have a box of returned yellow letters that I need to locate the owners correct address.   Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2012 · 289 posts · 74 votes
    9y

    Ok Paul.  I'm jumping out and hoping that Beenverified will do what I need it to do.  I see from the onset that its useful.  Thanks.

  • Investor · Mansfield, TX · Member since 2016 · 62 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    Im looking for phone numbers for my VA to call. Any ideas?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.