Votes
Patrick Philip
  • Florida
Votes |
Postcards for wholesaling

Patrick Philip
  • Florida
Posted Nov 5 2016, 16:52

I'm wondering what my postcards should look like. If there's one thing I'm bad at, it's art.

How simple or how fancy should they be?

Here are some examples from Google. Should I use something like these? What would you use?

https://www.google.com/search?q=real+estate+wholesaling+postcards&client=ms-android-verizon&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiFiL6u5pLQAhVkF2MKHS_VD_oQ_AUIBygB&biw=360&bih=559

User Stats

Votes
Jose Flores
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Buffalo, NY
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Buffalo, NY
Replied Nov 6 2016, 07:08

Hey @Patrick Philip I like using postcards that look like a bandit sign.  It's familiar to people and communicates a simple message which is "We Buy Houses for Cash". Glad to see you spending time on marketing.  The goal is to increase it to 80% of your time.  Look Luck 

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Philip
  • Florida
Votes |
  • Florida
Replied Nov 6 2016, 09:27

@Jose Flores would it be asking too much to find a picture on Google of exactly what you're talking about?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Michael Mullins
  • Investor
  • Cedar Park, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Cedar Park, TX
Replied Nov 6 2016, 09:32

I find that a simple, right to the point message is best. And don't use your personal phone number, use your google number. Also have you phone skills and elevator pitch done before you spend any money on marketing / advertising. 

Good luck

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Philip
  • Florida
Votes |
  • Florida
Replied Nov 6 2016, 09:34

@Michael Mullins do you have a picture of postcards you have used? Is it just black text on a white card? The same message I'm using on the letters I'm sending out?

On Google, there are all kinds of fancy postcards with graphics. I suppose that's too much.

Why do you suggest using a Google number?

User Stats

Votes
Dan Sarao
  • Investor
  • Cape Coral, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Cape Coral, FL
Replied Jul 9 2019, 14:15

Alternatively you could use a tracking number service like CallRail to track the performance of individual campaigns.  They also allow you to look local if you are working on areas outside the area code of your phone number.