Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Jim Miller
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Punta Gorda, FL
Votes |
How important is it to have a website for wholesaling?

Jim Miller
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Punta Gorda, FL
Posted Sep 27 2021, 07:27

I am looking to start marketing for off-market properties. As I begin my marketing, how important is it to have a website, and for those who feel it is necessary, who did you use to create and maintain it?

User Stats

Votes
Jason Shackleton
  • Investor
  • Ontario
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Ontario
Replied Sep 27 2021, 07:38

@Jim Miller A website is useful yes. A landing page is likley to be more effective for having your leads call you directly. Especially if you are going to be running online marketing campaigns. 

Hope this helps!

User Stats

Votes
Tim Oppelt
  • Wholesaler
  • Newark, DE
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Newark, DE
Replied Sep 27 2021, 08:23

I run PPC for a lot of investors and mostly use Carrot.com

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 27 2021, 15:52

I got a website for my LLC for my property preservation business. I went to Fiverr.com to find someone to build it using the Wix.com platform and set up the SEO for me. It wasn't very expensive and looks very nice. I gave the tech access to my back office in order for them to make changes for me since now I am starting to do RE investing (and I'm NOT tech savvy) and would like to add that to my site for lead capture. You can find a really good web developer on that site. Hope this helps.

User Stats

Votes
Jerryll Noorden#2 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Replied Sep 28 2021, 10:38

A website is not just useful. It is essential.

Also the question also makes me believe you may need a revised understanding of real estate investing.

So allow me to explain.

Success as a real estate investor (NOT just "wholesaling"), and in any business is your ability to generate motivated leads.  In our case, off-market motivated seller leads.

Keep in mind I didn't say "off-market leads", I said "off-Market MOTIVATED seller leads". Not because they are off market does it mean they are motivated. You need motivated sellers.

Now there is nothing better for lead generation than a website. Therefore it is not just beneficial, it is crucial you have a website.. BUT.. not just any website... a HIGH converting credible website.

You are dead in the water if you don't because people like me will destroy your business as we literally get ALL the leads and after seeing our/a good website, they often don't look further!

Name any other system that can topple my results.

Can't. No other system is effortless, hands-off, free, and gets highly motivated sellers.

Period!

fineprint.. you do the work upfront, then it is pretty much hands off.

Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Will Barnard
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Santa Clarita, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Santa Clarita, CA
ModeratorReplied Sep 28 2021, 14:34
Originally posted by @Jim Miller:

I am looking to start marketing for off-market properties. As I begin my marketing, how important is it to have a website, and for those who feel it is necessary, who did you use to create and maintain it?

How important is it for a doctor to have a medical education and license?

Wholesaling is 90% a marketing business and in any marketing business, why would you not cast as many nets as possible!!! 

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Whitcher
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Oct 5 2021, 07:37

@Jim Miller a website is nice to have, but not necessary starting out. If you have the capital to deploy in a website just as a measure of credibility, then why not - I definitely have deals that might've fallen through if I didn't have a website. 

Speaking of websites (and @Jerryll Noorden I see in here!), since I've been working with Jerryll I've made over $100k strictly from my website in the past 6 months or so. 

For me now, having a website is crucial and I only trust myself to create - or at least managing the creation - and maintenance of it. It's not easy, but a good skill to learn IMO. Hope this helps!!! My website is below for any inspo.

User Stats

Votes
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Replied Oct 5 2021, 09:58
Originally posted by @Ryan Whitcher:

@Jim Miller a website is nice to have, but not necessary starting out. If you have the capital to deploy in a website just as a measure of credibility, then why not - I definitely have deals that might've fallen through if I didn't have a website. 

Speaking of websites (and @Jerryll Noorden I see in here!), since I've been working with Jerryll I've made over $100k strictly from my website in the past 6 months or so. 

For me now, having a website is crucial and I only trust myself to create - or at least managing the creation - and maintenance of it. It's not easy, but a good skill to learn IMO. Hope this helps!!! My website is below for any inspo.

Wait...

All the BS I am yelling out ACTUALY WORKS?! 

Holy crap..

I mean ... of course it works. 

In all seriousness... 

EXACTLY!!

Only those that do not make money like you do, will say you don't need a website... but ONCE you taste the sweet nectar of website awesomeness, there is NO WAY IN HELL you would ever even consider going at it without a website.

Man,,, you have no idea how happy I am reading this. I don't care if you are no longer our student, connect with me, and I will share my systems with you to scale up to $1M/month.

Lets do this together brother!

I am STOKED for you!!