• Rental Property Investor
  • South San Francisco, CA
Votes |
Owens Financial Group LLC

Arron Paulino
Posted Mar 23 2023, 10:35

Has anyone used or heard of Owens Financial Group LLC? I am looking to seek funds from them but want to see if anyone has feedback to share. Look forward to the responses!

User Stats

Votes
Jack Tulloch
Pro Member
#2 Mortgage Brokers & Lenders Contributor
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 Mortgage Brokers & Lenders Contributor
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Replied Mar 30 2023, 09:36

Hey Arron,

I have not personally heard of them but would recommend looking into their online presence/reviews. Although, I am sure you have already done this. There are a lot of great lenders out there and a lot of questionable lenders too. You can generally get a good feel for a company by having a phone call with them but certainly need to be cautious if there is little information about them available. Hope this helps.

User Stats

Votes
Arron Paulino
Votes |
Replied Mar 30 2023, 21:57
Quote from @Jack Tulloch:

Hey Arron,

I have not personally heard of them but would recommend looking into their online presence/reviews. Although, I am sure you have already done this. There are a lot of great lenders out there and a lot of questionable lenders too. You can generally get a good feel for a company by having a phone call with them but certainly need to be cautious if there is little information about them available. Hope this helps.

Thank you for the response Jack! I will do further due diligence to make a better decision. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Erik Estrada
Lender
  • Lender
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
Replied Apr 4 2023, 16:00
Quote from @Arron Paulino:

Has anyone used or heard of Owens Financial Group LLC? I am looking to seek funds from them but want to see if anyone has feedback to share. Look forward to the responses!

Hey Arron, 

What are they offering that you are uneasy to work with them? 

Fuente Funding Inc.  Logo

User Stats

Votes
Arron Paulino
Votes |
Replied Apr 11 2023, 20:45
Quote from @Erik Estrada:

Hey Arron, 

Hey Erik,

It's not what they are offering that is making me uneasy. It is the delay in getting financing in a timely manner so that I may begin my rehab on my fix and flip that is making me feel not very confident in their ability to deliver. Usually, I would think receiving funds would not take a month to get to me if everything as in paperwork and fees are settled immediately. 

User Stats

Votes
Erik Estrada
Lender
  • Lender
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
Replied Apr 24 2023, 12:40

Hey Arron, 

Hey Erik,

It's not what they are offering that is making me uneasy. It is the delay in getting financing in a timely manner so that I may begin my rehab on my fix and flip that is making me feel not very confident in their ability to deliver. Usually, I would think receiving funds would not take a month to get to me if everything as in paperwork and fees are settled immediately. 

I see what you mean. So are you struggling to get your draws? Or getting the loan approved? 

Fix and flip should take no more than 21 days to get approved. 

Fuente Funding Inc.  Logo

User Stats

Votes
Andres Saias
  • Lender
  • Florida
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Florida
Replied May 3 2023, 15:22

Hi Arron, 

Fix and flip loans shouldn't take more than 21 days to close if you provided everything the lender asked for. If you're not confident about your lender for whatever reason, I'd recommend looking for a new one. There are several good ones out there who are pretty efficient, look for online reviews and reach out to other investors on bigger pockets to see what they recommend.   

User Stats

Votes
Arron Paulino
Votes |
Replied Oct 5 2023, 21:45

Hey Arron, 

Hey Erik,

I see what you mean. So are you struggling to get your draws? Or getting the loan approved? 

Fix and flip should take no more than 21 days to get approved. 

Hey Erik,

They ended up being a scam and I learned the hard way. Good thing I caught their junk before I dug a deeper hole for myself. 

User Stats

Votes
Arron Paulino
Votes |
Replied Oct 5 2023, 21:46
Quote from @Andres Saias:

Hi Arron, 

Fix and flip loans shouldn't take more than 21 days to close if you provided everything the lender asked for. If you're not confident about your lender for whatever reason, I'd recommend looking for a new one. There are several good ones out there who are pretty efficient, look for online reviews and reach out to other investors on bigger pockets to see what they recommend.   

Hi Andres,

They ended up being a big scam! I moved onto another lender who was more reliable. Appreciate your response!

User Stats

Votes
Wendy Usrey
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Colorado and Missouri
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Colorado and Missouri
Replied Nov 27 2023, 17:56

Hi Aaron,

I’m curious to know what your experience was.  We were getting ready to move forward with them but now I’m having second thoughts after seeing this.  Would you mind elaborating on what happened? 

Wendy

User Stats

Votes
Arron Paulino
Votes |
Replied Nov 27 2023, 18:00
Quote from @Wendy Usrey:

Hi Aaron,

I’m curious to know what your experience was.  We were getting ready to move forward with them but now I’m having second thoughts after seeing this.  Would you mind elaborating on what happened? 

Wendy

Don't do it! It's a scam. He led me on and on and I wired money but was misled. Please find someone else more reputable. I've already saved another BP member.

User Stats

Votes
Wendy Usrey
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Colorado and Missouri
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Colorado and Missouri
Replied Nov 27 2023, 18:12

Thank you for the fast response! That’s what I was afraid of- he just told me they won’t use escrow (after agreeing to no upfront fees or payments when we first starting talking).  That’s a huge red flag for me.  Super frustrating to have wasted so much time and energy with them.  I appreciate the warning! 

User Stats

Votes
Stewart VanValkenburg
  • Provo, UT
Votes |

Was it this guy? He did the LinkedIn version of a friend request to me.

David W Owens

1st degree connection1stCEO/Owner Owens Financial

• Owens Financial Group
  • Goethe University

San Francisco, California, United States Contact infowww.owensfinancialgroupllc.com

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Wendy Usrey
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Colorado and Missouri
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Colorado and Missouri
Replied Mar 20 2024, 09:29
Quote from @Stewart VanValkenburg:

David W Owens

• Owens Financial Group
  • Goethe University

San Francisco, California, United States Contact infowww.owensfinancialgroupllc.com

I think so different profile photo on my linked in but everything else matches.  I definitely would be careful if you decide to consider them- he had all the right answers, until it was time to actually move forward.  Then ghosted us when I questioned the “no escrow” piece.  Here is what his linked in looks like for me:

User Stats

Votes
Arron Paulino
Votes |
Replied Mar 22 2024, 22:15

David W Owens

• Owens Financial Group
  • Goethe University

He blocked me so I can't click on the link if you sent one here. Initially, he sent me a friend request via LinkedIn and then we connected. Things sounded too good to be true and of course it ended very badly.

User Stats

Votes
Arron Paulino
Votes |
Replied Mar 22 2024, 22:16
Quote from @Wendy Usrey:

David W Owens

• Owens Financial Group
  • Goethe University

I think so different profile photo on my linked in but everything else matches.  I definitely would be careful if you decide to consider them- he had all the right answers, until it was time to actually move forward.  Then ghosted us when I questioned the “no escrow” piece.  Here is what his linked in looks like for me:

This is the guy!!! Avoid and report him at all costs.