NYC Meetup June 17, 2014 With BP Legend Will Barnard

NYC Meetup June 17, 2014 With BP Legend Will Barnard

This event is brought to you by:Brighton Bank

When:

Where:Pranna Restaurant- 79 Madison Ave at 28th Street in Manhattan

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. There may be pitching of products, services or properties at this event!

Darren SagerPro Member
Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes

Hello fellow BP members in the North East!I am pleased to announce that we have a very special guest attending our Meetup in Manhattan this June 17, 2014: BP Legend @Will Barnard .

Will is flying out from California just to be with us and so don't miss this event! He has experience in buy and hold, development, notes, luxury flips, and much, much more. He's been an active member on BiggerPockets for more than 6 years and has posted more than 11,000 times! He created the term many of us use "BP Nation" and actively helps out the members of BP with his knowledge and experience. We are truly honored to have him with us. Will is going to speak to the group and as usual our perk for Pro Members of BP will get some more intimate time with Will in a smaller group setting on a first come first serve basis (see below for details). If you don't know Will Barnard you should. Check out Podcast 32 here on BiggerPockets as well as Will's website http://www.barnardenterprises.com/.

We'll be back at Pranna Restaurant on June 17th this time on the second floor. Pranna is located at 79 Madison Ave (at 28th Street) in Manhattan. Just as before we'll start at 6:30 and go to at least 10pm. The Meetup is free for all members of BiggerPockets. There is no dress code. Come as you feel most comfortable to network. Again around 9pm we should have a very special announcement about our next meeting in July. This event is our first with sponsorship. Hors D'ouvres and our meeting space is being graciously provided by NorthStar Funding in Hoboken, NJ. Expect to hear a few words from our sponsor.

Even if you're brand new to BiggerPockets, a first time investor or a seasoned Pro, money lender or contractor, wholesaler or business professional, be sure to be there and meet other members and those interested in Real Estate investing from the NYC metro area (and beyond) which includes Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Long Island, Westchester, Putnam and Orange County, Fairfield County CT, and Northern NJ. If you happen to live in Boston, Hartford, Springfield, Providence, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington D.C. you should try to make it. All members from New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Maryland and Pennsylvania,it will be worth you driving in for the event.

SPACE WILL BE LIMITED! You must post that you'll be attending or there could be a chance that you might not be able to get in. If you're a Pro member of BP you'll need to RSVP to me directly for the extra time with Will. This is on a first come first serve basis! If you're not a Pro member of BiggerPockets you can do so by clicking this link. Thanks all and I look forward to seeing everyone there!

10Reply
438 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2014 · 41 posts · 26 votes
12y

Awesome awesome awesome event tonight!! By far the best BP meet-up I've attended.

Thank You @Will Barnard for coming to New York!!! Thanks @Darren Sager & team for all your efforts in organizing the event!!

Some golden nuggets from today's show

  • NEVER ever ever ever overpay for the property
  • Having access to capital is more important than cost of capital
  • Always double-check your estimates.
  • There is risk in everything you do. Always try to mitigate risks.
  • The best way to learn is to get in the game.
  • Get a partner if you have to. Making 25% of something is better than making 100% of nothing.
  • Identifying and adapting to the changing market conditions is what really helped Will's business take-off.

Really looking forward to the July meet-up with @J Scott 

See this reply in the discussion

171 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Shawn McenteerBusiness Member
    Realtor · Boonton Township, NJ · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y
    Very exciting! Looking forward to this. Thank you Darren Sager for organizing this.
    House Hacking New Jersey563 Reviews
  • Specialist · Bloomfield, CT · Member since 2013 · 25 posts · 25 votes
    12y

    Hopefully I can make it this time without any interruptions. Count me in. Thanks!

  • Landlord · Hunterdon County , NJ · Member since 2011 · 17 posts · 10 votes
    12y

    @Darren Sager

    Thanks for organizing this and sounds like an interesting. Count me in.

    -kmj

  • Buy and Hold Investor · Cranston, RI · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Thanks for listing out all the individual cities and boroughs that might possibly want to travel to attend this.

  • Mark LangdonPro Member
    Investor · Whippany, NJ · Member since 2010 · 356 posts · 104 votes
    12y

    Yes Darrin; I will be there. Thanks for setting this up.

  • Purchase, NY · Member since 2014 · 25 posts · 16 votes
    12y

    Had fun yesterday and plan on coming to this one!

  • John McSherryPro Member
    Investor · Nassau County, NY · Member since 2012 · 56 posts · 13 votes
    12y

    Hey Darren, thanks for organizing, I hope to make it!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2012 · 204 posts · 109 votes
    12y

    Thanks for putting this together again, @Darren Sager ! Last night's event was great. I'll be in attendance at June's event.

  • Real Estate Broker · Orange, CT · Member since 2013 · 951 posts · 218 votes
    12y

    Sign me UP!

  • Alok SoodPro Member
    Investor · Hoboken, NJ · Member since 2012 · 56 posts · 39 votes
    12y

    @Darren Sager count me in! Thanks!

  • Investor · Scotch Plains, NJ · Member since 2014 · 105 posts · 50 votes
    12y

    @Darren Sager

    Thanks again for setting this up. I'll be there.

  • Accountant · New York City, NY · Member since 2014 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    @Darren Sager

    I'll be there!

  • Investor · charlotte, NC · Member since 2012 · 121 posts · 21 votes
    12y
    Darren ..aren't you forgetting a county *cough* rockland .. Haha
  • Darren SagerPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Rockland County New York is always welcome to join us! Yes, funny I forget to mention the county where I was born.

  • Investor · charlotte, NC · Member since 2012 · 121 posts · 21 votes
    12y
    Haha yeah..especially since we just spoke about suffern last night too
  • Investor · Corona, NY · Member since 2014 · 32 posts · 16 votes
    12y

    @Darren Sager

    Hi Darren, I won't be able to make it on June 17...I do look forward for the next meet up in July. Thanks

  • Investor · The Bronx, NY · Member since 2012 · 226 posts · 44 votes
    12y

    I'll be there! Thanks Darren & Chad

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    12y

    Hello BP Nation. This will be my first time ever to NY and the farthest I have travelled for a speaking engagement. I look forward to meeting all you East coasters in person, should be a blast.

    I am also looking forward to the extra time spent for the Pro account members, we should be able to really dig into some details and questions you have.

    Though I have no clue about the market in NY from a personal experience perspective, I do know in general, it is much like So CAL, hot and competitive (speaking of the real estate and not the weather, you guys cant compete with my weather! :)

    Topic: Darren has not specified, however, I do plan to speak about flipping, both regular and luxury market and as such, if anyone has questions on wholesaling, getting started, or ramping up your biz, I can cover that too.

    See you all in about a month.

    - Will Barnard

  • Architect · Mount Vernon, NY · Member since 2013 · 54 posts · 17 votes
    12y

    I will be there.

  • Real Estate Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2014 · 11 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    I will be there!

  • New York City, NY · Member since 2013 · 136 posts · 76 votes
    12y

    I'll be there.

    Sorry to have missed the last one, but my flight was canceled.

  • Bronx, NY · Member since 2014 · 25 posts · 7 votes
    12y
    Will be attending
  • Investor · Demarest, NJ · Member since 2013 · 78 posts · 29 votes
    12y

    I'll be there

    Thanks for organizing this.

  • New York City, NY · Member since 2014 · 155 posts · 41 votes
    12y

    I will be there.

  • Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2014 · 20 posts · 7 votes
    12y

    I will be attending, thanks

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.