Corey Brown
  • Oceanside, CA
Votes |
Greetings from North Carolina

Corey Brown
  • Oceanside, CA
Posted Nov 11 2015, 07:02

Hello everyone, 

My name is Corey Brown and I am new to BP and looking to start investing soon.  I currently live in Jacksonville, NC but since I am in the military I can move very soon.  I have started listening to the podcasts and reading some of the blogs.  I am amazed at the amount of knowledge that is available on this site.

User Stats

Votes
Rachelle Rodavia
  • BiggerPockets Support
  • Manila, Philippines
Votes |
  • BiggerPockets Support
  • Manila, Philippines
Replied Nov 11 2015, 07:26

@Corey Brown

Welcome to the BiggerPockets community!
Glad to have you with us.

User Stats

Votes
Larry Fried
  • Investor/RE Broker
  • Eugene, OR
Votes |
  • Investor/RE Broker
  • Eugene, OR
Replied Nov 11 2015, 08:52

@Corey Brown Hi and welcome to BiggerPockets! It’s a great place to learn more about investing and meet the people you want to meet. If you haven't yet, be sure to check out the The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing and don't forget to set up your Keyword Alerts!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
John Turner
  • St Thomas, Ontario
Votes |
  • St Thomas, Ontario
Replied Nov 11 2015, 09:33
Originally posted by @Larry Fried:

@Corey Brown Hi and welcome to BiggerPockets! It’s a great place to learn more about investing and meet the people you want to meet. If you haven't yet, be sure to check out the The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing and don't forget to set up your Keyword Alerts!

Welcome to BP. The advise above is very good. Read, read and read some more. Consider buying a book or two. Some great ones recommended on here. 

Love NC and the area. 

User Stats

Votes
Jay Johnson
  • Pelham, NC
Votes |
  • Pelham, NC
Replied Nov 11 2015, 14:20

Welcome @Corey Brown,

Thank you for your service! You might want to check out Bill Gulley's General Real Estate Academy, too. It's the basic principles of real estate like an agent/broker would know, but it's geared toward investors. It's free. He's on this site, so, more than likely, you'll read some of his posts.

User Stats

Votes
Tonya Robinson
  • Investor
  • Kannapolis, NC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Kannapolis, NC
Replied Nov 11 2015, 20:17

Welcome to BP.