Rob Hill
  • Bettendorf, IA
Votes |
New member from the Quad Cities

Rob Hill
  • Bettendorf, IA
Posted Sep 23 2016, 10:09

Hi everybody-

I am excited to be here!  I have discovered BP 5 days ago, and have been scouring the forums, listening to the podcasts, attended the webinar this past Wednesday, and have read the Ultimate Beginner's Guide.  I am really trying to soak it all in.

I am 32, from Bettendorf, Iowa and married with 3 kids. I work a normal W-2 job for a company that I have been at for 10 years.  It is a good W-2 job, but I definitely see the need for multiple streams of income, and have always had a passion for real estate.

Last week, I took my family on a cruise (had a blast!) and on the flight there I started reading Rich Dad Poor Dad.  I ended up not being able to put it down, and finished it before the cruise was over (even with all the fun cruise activities to we were doing)!  The book convinced me 100% that I need to make big changes in my life, and that it is very possible!  Before reading Rich Dad Poor Dad, I had read The Challenge by Robert Allen, and also attended a "free seminar" a week before the cruise, from one of the TV gurus. 

I am ready to get started now.  I know my education will never end, which is another part of real estate that excites me.  I have always been a competitive person, and I enjoy a challenge.  I plan to start by completing a couple rehab and flips, before eventually transitioning into buy/hold.

I am interested in networking with people both locally and on BP.  I know I can learn a ton from experienced investors, and also hope to be able to bring value to others!

Thanks for reading my intro, and I look forward to interacting, learning, and growing with you!

Rob Hill

User Stats

Votes
Ralph Miller
  • Orland Park, IL
Votes |
  • Orland Park, IL
Replied Sep 23 2016, 10:47

Welcome to BP!

User Stats

Votes
Jill DeWit
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale AZ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale AZ
Replied Sep 23 2016, 11:33

Hey @Rob Hill and welcome to BiggerPockets! Way to go with jumping in and getting involved! As I'm sure you're discovering, BiggerPockets really is your "golden ticket" to great success in the real estate investing world. Get deals done the right way and reach out to experienced investors.

Congratulations and I wish you all the best.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Godes
Pro Member
  • Lender/Investor
  • Glenwood Springs, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender/Investor
  • Glenwood Springs, CO
Replied Sep 23 2016, 16:03

If you are thinking of fix and flips to generate capital for buy/holds, then you should abosolutely read jscott's book on flipping. It is available on BP for purchase and is the definitive guide. 

Biggest thing you need to do is figure out how to source deals. Once you can crack that nut, you will have little problem finding financing. Congrats on your journey Rob!

User Stats

Votes
Rob Hill
  • Bettendorf, IA
Votes |
  • Bettendorf, IA
Replied Sep 25 2016, 07:12

@Ralph Miller and @Jill DeWit- thank you!  I am really excited and the information here is awesome!

@Jonathan Godes-  good advice!  thank you!  I will definitely read jscott's book!  I have seen his books on here and heard about them on the podcast, I will purchase today!

User Stats

Votes
Steven Archer
  • The Woodlands, TX
Votes |
  • The Woodlands, TX
Replied Sep 25 2016, 09:11

Bettendorf- great place! I am also a newbie, and Bettendorf is one of the places that I have been watching for a while now. 

User Stats

Votes
Michael Pease
  • Investor
  • Greenville SC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Greenville SC
Replied Sep 26 2016, 09:40

Welcome to BP @Rob Hill, I currently live in Bettendorf and have been investing in the Quad Cities, Rock Island, Davenport, and Bettendorf for 7 years now. Always willing to connect and talk to like minded individuals.

I'm also a CPA and building a new practice centered around Real Estate investors that will help with year end tax preparation, property management, and basically a full one stop shop for people who want to invest in real estate but not be landlords. If that's something that may interest you I'd love to chat further about it.

Thanks, and welcome to the BP network.

User Stats

Votes
Mark Nolan
Pro Member
  • Professional
  • Carlsbad, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Professional
  • Carlsbad, CA
Replied Sep 26 2016, 10:43