• Warren, RI
Votes |
Aspiring investor from Rhode Island!

Matt Romano
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Warren, RI
Posted May 21 2017, 15:05
Hello everyone! I've been a lurking member here on the forums for a few months now, and figured it was about time for a formal introduction. My profile says a little bit about me, but allow me to express a little further. I'm 27 (next week) and getting extremely eager to jump into my first deal. I'm looking for a multifamily in the Rhode Island area (primarily the East Bay / Bristol County / Aquidneck Island) and intrigued by the idea of a house hack for my first purchase. I'm at a point now where I'm trying to network constantly with others striving for huge goals. They say "you're the average of your closest 5 friends", and I'm a huge proponent to that lately. I had the pleasure of attending my first investor group meeting (RIREIG) in Warwick this past Thursday, and met some pretty incredible people already. Already antsy for next months! If there is ANYTHING I can do to help anyone else here reach their goals, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'm extremely driven to succeed and looking for others whom are also riding the same train. I look forward to chatting with all of you! Thank you -Matt Romano

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Thompson
Pro Member
  • Buy and Hold Investor
  • Cranston, RI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Buy and Hold Investor
  • Cranston, RI
Replied May 21 2017, 16:39

Matt, welcome to Bigger Pockets! There's a lot of great information and education here, including the educational and entertaining podcast.

It's wonderful that you already attended a RI Real Estate Investor Group (RIREIG) meeting and I look forward to seeing you at future meetings too.

One idea that came to me at that meeting, was to try to connect people who haven't done any deals, with people who have recently done (or are doing now) their first deal.

So if you can find someone like that, I'd suggest taking them out for coffee, etc. You can look here on BP or maybe make a short announcement at the next RIREIG meeting during the member announcement section after the beginner's session.

I'm trying to hook up a couple of folks like that right now in fact, and I hope they can be mutually beneficial for each other, and maybe the same will be true for you.

Please keep us updated on your progress and let us know when you have questions of course!

User Stats

Votes
Marc Belisle
  • Investor
  • Warwick, RI
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Warwick, RI
Replied May 21 2017, 16:40

I feel the same way. You are well on your way with the right motivation, mindset, and that you are attending the state REI group meetings. House hack is the way to get off on the right financial foot IMO.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Dave Visaya
  • Audio Engineer and Investor
  • Cebu City, Cebu
Votes |
  • Audio Engineer and Investor
  • Cebu City, Cebu
ModeratorReplied May 21 2017, 17:07

Hello @Matt Romano, welcome to the site! It's great to have you here. Seeya around!

User Stats

Votes
Matt Romano
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Warren, RI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Warren, RI
Replied May 21 2017, 17:22

Thank you Anthony Thompson I've been listening to the podcasts daily on my commute to and from work, and that in itself has been a huge inspiration. I love the idea of hooking up with other investors in their beginning phases to network and bounce ideas back and forth. I'm definitely interested in meeting up with people on my level, below, and above in terms of experience. I'm excited to be apart of such a great community. Thanks for the welcome.

User Stats

Votes
Matt Romano
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Warren, RI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Warren, RI
Replied May 21 2017, 17:23

Thank you Marc Belisle and Dave Visaya !!!

User Stats

Votes
Adam R.
  • Investor
  • bristol, RI
Votes |
  • Investor
  • bristol, RI
Replied May 21 2017, 17:35

Matt, I'm a fellow new investor right down the road from you. At your age, my plan was similar to yours and even had a pending offer on a house hack in Bristol, but backed out. Don't make the same mistake. I will keep my eyes open for a house hack opportunity. Feel free to PM me.

User Stats

Votes
Matt Romano
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Warren, RI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Warren, RI
Replied May 21 2017, 20:48

Thank you Adam R. PM sent 👍🏼

User Stats

Votes
James Lanier
  • Investor
  • Pawtucket, RI
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Pawtucket, RI
Replied May 22 2017, 10:47

Hey guys, 

I just recently closed on my first investment property(3 family). Send me a message if you want to link up. 

James L.

User Stats

Votes
Matt Romano
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Warren, RI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Warren, RI
Replied May 22 2017, 11:46

awesome @James Lanier congrats on the recent multi purchase! PM sent your way 

User Stats

Votes
Juan Lopez
  • Property Manager
  • Tiverton, RI
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Tiverton, RI
Replied May 26 2017, 15:43

Whats up Matt, I recently closed on my first deal a 3 family in Tiverton RI. Excited about being a landlord and house hacking. I also plan on attending the next REI meeting in warwick.

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Ingegneri
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Providence, RI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Providence, RI
Replied May 27 2017, 12:22

Excellent beginning to get involved.  A great way to safely get off of the sidelines and into the market on your first deal is by doing exactly what you are proposing... house hacking.  Best of luck with being a homeowner and an investor all in one move. 

User Stats

Votes
Matt Romano
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Warren, RI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Warren, RI
Replied May 30 2017, 11:18

Hey Juan Lopez congrats on the recent 3 family purchase! I'm actually looking at a duplex in the Tiverton area this week. Definitely looking forward to seeing you at the next RIREIG meeting. If you'd like to connect at all before then just send me a PM.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Matt Romano
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Warren, RI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Warren, RI
Replied May 30 2017, 11:19

Brandon Ingegneri I couldn't agree more. Looking forward to both home ownership and land-lording all in one. Thanks for the support!

Account Closed
  • Providence, RI
Votes |
  • Providence, RI
Replied Jul 25 2017, 15:54

Hey @Matt Romano, I know this post is from a while ago, but after reading through the forums and listening to over a dozen podcasts, I decided it was finally time to join! I'm looking to network also with anyone in RI as I start my journey in Real Estate. Hope we can connect, Cheers!

User Stats

Votes
Matt Romano
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Warren, RI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Warren, RI
Replied Jul 25 2017, 16:24

Hey @Account Closed welcome to the forums! This is definitely a great place to network with awesome people. 

If you haven't heard of the RIREIG (Rhode Island Real Estate Investing Group) I strongly encourage checking that out too. Meets in Warwick typically the 3rd Thursday of every month. You can check out more details on the website RIREIG.com 

Also, don't hesitate to reach out and ask any questions you may have along the way! 

Account Closed
  • Providence, RI
Votes |
  • Providence, RI
Replied Jul 25 2017, 16:27

Thanks so much Matt Romano I appreciate it!

User Stats

Votes
Mike Iafrati
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Warwick, RI
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Warwick, RI
Replied Jul 25 2017, 16:56

Matt, would love to grab a coffee and chat sometime. Although, my initial investing strategies/goals aren't the same, I feel we can help each other achieve our goals and learn along the way. Not too far away from you here in Warwick. Message me!

User Stats

Votes
Jason Benda-Joubert
  • Wakefield, RI
Votes |
  • Wakefield, RI
Replied Jul 27 2017, 08:04

Matt Romano I am also a new investor. I'm in the process of selling a SFH that is currently rented and considering multi family. I like to get your thoughts on the East Bay Area. I'm in South County so I have been focus on that area. Happy to chat about strategies.

User Stats

Votes
Matt Romano
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Warren, RI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Warren, RI
Replied Jul 27 2017, 10:25

@Mike Iafrati and @Jason Benda-Joubert PM's sent to both of you!