New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Atiba Hainstock
Votes |
New Investor in Massachusetts

Atiba Hainstock
Posted Feb 25 2020, 08:35

Hi everyone. I’m new to investing and just wanted to reach out to network with as many investors, realtors as I can. I’m from Massachusetts so it would be great if you are as well. 

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Syrios
Pro Member
  • Residential Real Estate Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Residential Real Estate Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
ModeratorReplied Feb 25 2020, 08:37

I can't help you with areas to target in Mass but welcome to BiggerPockets and good luck investing!

User Stats

Votes
Lien Vuong
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boston, MA
Replied Feb 25 2020, 09:00

Welcome to the BP community! Where in MA do you think you'll be investing in? Theres a lot of markets even within the small state so good to one on something that makes sense for you. 

The Elle Group Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Atiba Hainstock
Votes |
Replied Feb 25 2020, 09:04

Thanks for the warm welcomes. I’m going to be investing in Boston(born and raised), Springfield, Lowell and Worcester as of now. I’m trying to figure out if it will be better to focus on one area starting out though.

User Stats

Votes
Thomas J. Budka
  • New to Real Estate
  • Massachusetts
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Massachusetts
Replied Feb 25 2020, 09:12

@Atiba Hainstock welcome to BP Atib!a. I am also a new investor in MA. Good luck in your future endeavors. What type of property are you looking to buy?

User Stats

Votes
Atiba Hainstock
Votes |
Replied Feb 25 2020, 10:50

@Thomas J. Budka thanks and Good luck to you as well! I’m looking to buy distressed properties.

User Stats

Votes
Brian J Allen
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Worcester, MA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Worcester, MA
Replied Feb 25 2020, 11:43

Welcome, would be glad to meet you in Worcester if you are in the area.  

User Stats

Votes
Lior Rozhansky
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boston, MA
Replied Feb 25 2020, 17:48

@Atiba Hainstock welcome to BP! There are some great pockets around Boston, plenty of pockets here to make money. Just buy right and based on numbers and you'll do well! 

User Stats

Votes
Justin Windham
Pro Member
  • Solo 401k provider
  • Denver & Hilton Head
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Solo 401k provider
  • Denver & Hilton Head
Replied Feb 25 2020, 18:15

@Atiba Hainstock

Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

This is a great place to learn and network. A lot of forum members are very knowledgeable in their respective fields related to real estate investing, whether that is real estate sales, wholesaling, flipping, rentals, lending, self-directed IRA and Solo 401k investing, or tax and legal guidance.

Discounts on some products and services are offered to BP members: https://www.biggerpockets.com/perks/pro

If you haven’t been to it already, you might want to check out the BP blog: https://www.biggerpockets.com/blog/

The site has quite a few tools that can be helpful for new members. I like the search features: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search

User Stats

Votes
Frank Dunn
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Boston
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Boston
Replied Feb 25 2020, 18:32

@Atiba Hainstock Lets connect! I would also suggest focus on one area and to learn everything possible about it and you'll know if its right for you depending on your goals.

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Bombaci
Property Manager
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Lowell, MA
Votes |
Property Manager
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Lowell, MA
Replied Feb 25 2020, 20:41

Welcome to BP. We host a few meetups in the area under the name "Pints, Properties, and Events" we have lots of investors (new and experienced) as well as real estate agents that attend our events. We have one in Woburn this Thursday, one in Lowell on 3/12 and one in Salem MA on 3/19. They're all a little different, the Woburn one will be fun but the Lowell one is by far our best attended event. Below are the links to our next 3 events but they are monthly and you can find all of our events under the "Networking" Tab and the "Events". Our events are free and open to the public. I suggest you attend other meetups in the area since that will be the best way to meet agents and investors in the area and see if you jive with their personality. 

Woburn MA - 2/27 630pm - Networking, sharing my story, and calculation demo - https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/805189-pints-properties-and-events-new-england

Lowell MA - 3/12 630pm - Networking, with member to be named and guest speaking -
https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/807025-pints-properties-and-events-new-england

Salem MA - 3/19 630pm - Networking and sharing local market knowledge -
https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/808843-pints-properties-and-events-new-england

Best, 
Jon

User Stats

Votes
Howard Herrington
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Boston, MA
Replied Feb 26 2020, 04:15

Hello Atiba and welcome to BP.  I wish you all the success in your investing future.  

User Stats

Votes
Atiba Hainstock
Votes |
Replied Feb 26 2020, 05:31

@Brian J Allen I’m not in the area but let’s set up a time to speak.

Vacasa logo
Vacasa
|
Sponsored
We do the work. You get the ROI. We do it all for your vacation rental. All—marketing, pricing, guest requests, housekeeping & more.

User Stats

Votes
Atiba Hainstock
Votes |
Replied Feb 26 2020, 05:32

@Justin Windham thanks for the welcome and info!

User Stats

Votes
Atiba Hainstock
Votes |
Replied Feb 26 2020, 05:33

@Lior Rozhansky thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Atiba Hainstock
Votes |
Replied Feb 26 2020, 05:36

@Jonathan Bombaci thanks for the welcome! I will attend the networking event in Woburn. Looking forward to meeting you if you’ll be in attendance.

User Stats

Votes
Atiba Hainstock
Votes |
Replied Feb 26 2020, 05:37

@Howard Herrington thanks Howard!

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Bombaci
Property Manager
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Lowell, MA
Votes |
Property Manager
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Lowell, MA
Replied Feb 26 2020, 05:45
Originally posted by @Atiba Hainstock:

@Jonathan Bombaci thanks for the welcome! I will attend the networking event in Woburn. Looking forward to meeting you if you’ll be in attendance.

Yes I will be there. Looking forward to meeting you as well. 

User Stats

Votes
Avery Heilbron
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Raleigh-Durham, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Raleigh-Durham, NC
Replied Feb 26 2020, 06:20

@Atiba Hainstock Welcome to BP! I also invest in MA. Happy to connect if you'd like