Votes
Nate Estelle
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
New to BP!

Nate Estelle
  • Indianapolis, IN
Posted Apr 11 2016, 18:55

Greetings fellow investors! I'm new to the site and am looking to make connections with others who are new as well as those who have experience, especially in central to northeastern Indiana. I have not done any deals yet, and I haven't even purchased my own personal property yet -- I'm a rookie!

I have been listening to many (about 40) BP podcasts in the last month, and I purchased several books to learn as much as I can. But I would like to connect with others who live anywhere from Indianapolis to Fort Wayne, experienced or not! 

Are there any meetups or REIAs that meet in this area? 

If you're in the area, or invest in this area, you're welcome to add me or pm me as well! Thanks for your time, BP community!

User Stats

Votes
Adrien S.
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Griffith, IN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Griffith, IN
Replied Apr 11 2016, 18:59

I miss Ivanhoes :) 

Prestige Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Jeff Goedeker
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Whiteland, IN
Votes |
  • Whiteland, IN
Replied Apr 11 2016, 19:02

Welcome!  Keep listening to the podcasts!  They are a wealth of info. I'm finally through all of them. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Adam Beckstetdt
  • Investor
  • Fort Wayne, IN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Fort Wayne, IN
Replied Apr 11 2016, 19:05

Welcome. There is a Reia meeting in Fort Wayne this Saturday if your interested. You can attend free as my guest if you'd like. I plan to be there.

User Stats

Votes
Nate Estelle
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Apr 11 2016, 19:09

Thank you, gentlemen! I currently live in Washington state, though I will be in Indiana this weekend for a wedding. But I do plan on moving back to Indiana by mid-May, so I wanted to get the ball rolling on making connections and seeing what's in the area so that when I arrive I can hit the ground running!

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy Tillotson
  • Investor
  • Fort Wayne, IN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Fort Wayne, IN
Replied Apr 11 2016, 19:20

@Nate Estelle let me know if I can ever help in any way.

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Borah
  • Fishers, IN
Votes |
  • Fishers, IN
Replied Apr 12 2016, 04:30

Welcome @Nate Estelle! I am from Fort Wayne and currently invest and live in Fishers right outside of Indianapolis (one property, but working on a second in Indianapolis!) 

There are many meetups in Indy, but the many ones are INREIA and CIREA. CIREA costs about $160 annually, but allows for a handful of sub-workshops as well so it is worth in the cost in my opinion. On Meetup.com you can find many more smaller meet ups, which I have found a lot of good information as these meet ups, so don't count them out. If you want to meet up when your in town feel free to PM me. Good luck with your investing!

Here are some great books that I have read and have provided some great insight not only in Real Estate, but also in life.

Ultimate Beginner’s Guide – Here on BiggerPockers under “Education” then “Guide”

Millionaire Real Estate Investor- Gary Keller

Rich Dad Poor Dad- Robert Kiyosaki

Real Estate Advantages– Sharon Lechter and Garrett Sutton

The ABCs of Real Estate Investing– Ken McElroy

Think and Grow Rich– Napoleon Hill

The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People– Stephen Covey

How to Win Friends and Influence People– Dale Carnegie

E-Myth- Michael E. Gerber

Do not forget to set up your Email Alert key words!

User Stats

Votes
Drew Wiard
  • Fort Wayne, IN
Votes |
  • Fort Wayne, IN
Replied Apr 12 2016, 05:45

@Nate Estelle

@Adam Beckstetdt is right - REIA this Sat if you're interested! I'll be there as well, if schedule allows.

There are plenty of us local folks on BP to help you with (most) whatever you might need.  Let us know how we can help!

User Stats

Votes
Lee Smith
  • Residential Real Estate Broker
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
  • Residential Real Estate Broker
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Apr 12 2016, 06:39

Welcome, in May, to the neighborhood!  

Lots of good things going on in Indy-ana!  I am a licensed managing broker(don't hold it against me) and have my own brokerage... We help investors with purchase, all levels of rehab, property management, and sales.... Happy to help you out with any business needs, or if you just want to go have a lunch/dinner(and a few beers) to discuss the market and what to watch out for!

User Stats

Votes
Nate Estelle
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Apr 12 2016, 09:22

Thank you everyone! I can already tell you and the BP community are gonna be amazing resources. 

@Brandon Borah I bought and read Rich Dad Poor Dad in a few days! That's what opened my eyes to work and wealth. I also bought many of those books on the list and am excited to read them. Next is the ABCs of Real Estate Investing!

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Borah
  • Fishers, IN
Votes |
  • Fishers, IN
Replied Apr 12 2016, 09:27

@Nate Estelle I believe many people here on BiggerPockets credit Rich Dad Poor Dad for getting them started in Real Estate investing. 

Yes. ABCs of Real Estate Investing is a great book as well. Pretty much every book in the Rich Dad Poor Dad series will provide very valuable information. 

User Stats

Votes
Jynell Berkshire
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Attorney, Broker, Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Attorney, Broker, Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Apr 17 2016, 06:55

Welcome to the BP community Nate!

You most certainly will find a wealth of information here and industry insights from fellow colleagues.

Best of luck. Happy Investing!