• Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Ohio Investors

Miles Presha
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Mar 3 2015, 12:14

Does anyone invest in Ohio or the midwest?  I am thinking about branching off into those areas.  Good market?  Would love your thoughts...

User Stats

Votes
Craig H.
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Jan 26 2016, 20:22

I invest in Cincinnati and work for a new construction builder in Cincinnati. What part of Ohio are you looking to invest?

User Stats

Votes
Kay Kay Singh
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Fort Wayne, IN
Votes |
  • Fort Wayne, IN
Replied Jan 26 2016, 20:27

Miles Presha
I have heard a lot about Indianapolis, good cash flow and hot market and I listened to podcast #136 , an investor from Indianapolis how he buildup his fortune. Worth trying.

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
Steven Gesis
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
  • Miami, FL
Replied Jan 27 2016, 20:57
Originally posted by @Miles Presha:

Does anyone invest in Ohio or the midwest?  I am thinking about branching off into those areas.  Good market?  Would love your thoughts...

Miles, Welcome to CLE! Certainly encourage you to check-out our marketplace. Cleveland offers ana amazing coastal community, fairly resistant to natural disaster, home to more than a dozen fortune 500 companies, second largest theatre district in the country, fourth best symphony in the world, world renowned chefs like Michael Simon, (3) major sports teams, one of the worlds largest fresh water reserves, rock & roll hall of fame, amazing art scene .... much more....Welcome to CLE! Please ask away, happy to share information about Cleveland. One last thing CLE is home to the 2016 RNC ---- The city is electric, mass overhaul and redevelopment all over town.....

#TeamTurnkey#CLE

User Stats

Votes
Matt Motil
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied Jan 27 2016, 21:08
Originally posted by @Steven Gesis:

Miles, Welcome to CLE! Certainly encourage you to check-out our marketplace. Cleveland offers ana amazing coastal community, fairly resistant to natural disaster, home to more than a dozen fortune 500 companies, second largest theatre district in the country, fourth best symphony in the world, world renowned chefs like Michael Simon, (3) major sports teams, one of the worlds largest fresh water reserves, rock & roll hall of fame, amazing art scene .... much more....Welcome to CLE! Please ask away, happy to share information about Cleveland. One last thing CLE is home to the 2016 RNC ---- The city is electric, mass overhaul and redevelopment all over town.....

#TeamTurnkey#CLE

You're so excited you posted twice on this same thread! 

As you can tell Miles, those of us that call Cleveland and Ohio home are a very loyal bunch. As everyone else has already done, I'd welcome you to visit and get to feel out the area for yourself and see if it's a good fit for your strategy. If you ever make it this way, feel free to reach out. I love grabbing coffee or a beer and talking REI with people.

User Stats

Votes
Steven Gesis
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
  • Miami, FL
Replied Jan 29 2016, 06:37
Originally posted by @Matt Motil:
Originally posted by @Steven Gesis:

#TeamTurnkey#CLE

You're so excited you posted twice on this same thread! 

As you can tell Miles, those of us that call Cleveland and Ohio home are a very loyal bunch. As everyone else has already done, I'd welcome you to visit and get to feel out the area for yourself and see if it's a good fit for your strategy. If you ever make it this way, feel free to reach out. I love grabbing coffee or a beer and talking REI with people.

Lol, I only saw that after I hit post! Yes, but very excited about Cleveland, always excited to welcome RE investors to the space, we have a lot to offer and the world needs to know! :)

To your point, we are an amazing opportunity for novice and professional investors. The numbers are just excellent, obviously its also both the operator or the team you have in place, but if you can define this streaky, Cleveland is a win-win for investors.

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Professional
  • Dayton, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Professional
  • Dayton, OH
Replied Jan 29 2016, 07:44

Depends on what you want.

If you are looking for cash flow, Ohio is very good for building cash flow rentals.  You can't get that in LA.

If you are looking for appreciation, that's not going to happen here very quickly.  Average is 3% per year.

If you are looking for fix and flip, that depends on the city and the neighborhood.  

Fix and rent is a better strategy regardless of the neighborhood.  The market for rentals is strong and predicted to stay strong for the next 15 years based on current trends in place.

User Stats

Votes
Miles Presha
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Dec 14 2017, 12:27
Originally posted by @Charles Craggett:

Hello Miles. I am a Ohio resident and wholesaler. I also have access to off market turnkey rental properties in Kansas City, Indiana, and Michigan. Lets connect. I would love to assist you in your midwest endeavors.

User Stats

Votes
Miles Presha
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Dec 14 2017, 12:31

WOW...Can't believe I sent this out 2 years ago.  Thank you all for responding!  So much has happened, but those of you ou there in Ohio or the midwest who still have info to share regarding:

Multifamily properties for sale

off market listings

marketing packages I could possibly look at

Anything I you'd like me to show my L.A. investors

Hit me back!  I'll be working on contacting you all directly!  Possible to do deals out there from Cali?

User Stats

Votes
Irina Belkofer
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied Dec 14 2017, 12:40

@Miles Presha you started this topic 3 years ago - that's when you could still buy houses dirt cheap

The houses I bought in 2014-15 for 15K, now I'm buying for $30K (and it's not appreciating neighborhood)

Nothing is cheap anymore :( every distressed house get crazy bidding war around it

I hope these three years got you ahead in your investing goals ;)

User Stats

Votes
Miles Presha
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Dec 14 2017, 12:55
Originally posted by @Brandon Sturgill:

@Miles Presha Welcome, and good luck...looks like a lot of positive feedback already. Let me know if you are interested in the Dayton metro area...I can get you on an MLS feed...I am looking at a couple medium multifamily properties to rehab right now. Let me know if you want to see some numbers on the last couple of deals I have done to get an idea of what is possible.

Cheers

User Stats

Votes
Miles Presha
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Dec 14 2017, 12:59

I'm just now getting back onto this Ohio thread - I was wholesaling back then but now I'm now focusing on how to possibly syndicate deals, and I've been given advice L.A. is probably not a great market to start with.  I'd love to see what previous investment packages you have, or maybe even new ones coming up.  I've been reaching out to new investors locally and some are looking to branch out from Cali.  I'm still in the learning/numbers cruching phaze but hope to pull up these boot straps soon.  All my Ohio replies have been really supportive and helpful.  Let's connect!

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Sturgill
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Dec 14 2017, 14:39

Hey @Miles Presha sounds like you are doing some good things. I have essentially withdrawn from BP and winding down on working with clients...necessary sacrifice to get my business where I want it. Keep me posted on how things shape up...I am always sourcing off-market deals....focusing on 14-50 units right now. 

Rent To Retirement logo
Rent To Retirement
|
Sponsored
Turnkey Rentals 12+ States. SFR, MF & New Builds, High ROI! 3.99% rates, 5% down loans, below market prices across the US! Txt REI to 33777

User Stats

Votes
Miles Presha
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Dec 14 2017, 14:51
Originally posted by @Brandon Sturgill:

Hey @Miles Presha sounds like you are doing some good things. I have essentially withdrawn from BP and winding down on working with clients...necessary sacrifice to get my business where I want it. Keep me posted on how things shape up...I am always sourcing off-market deals....focusing on 14-50 units right now. 

User Stats

Votes
Miles Presha
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Dec 14 2017, 14:53

I'll hit you up as soon as I know which direction I'm heading.  Talking to an investor next week, so I'll see if they're open to midwest deals.  Thx for keepijg in touch!   Would it be possible for me to look at any pro formas or marketing pkgs you might have?  I need practice running numbers!

User Stats

Votes
BJ Everson
  • Property Manager
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Dec 15 2017, 06:42

Welcome to Ohio! I've been a single family investor in both rentals and flips in the Columbus market for the last 9 years. Columbus is a great market due to being a protected jobs market with a lot of universities, corp headquarters and govt offices at all levels. The market is pretty hot right now, got into contract on 3 of 4 sales within 48 hours above asking in 2017. Some areas are overpriced, but there are a number of transitional neighorhoods turning for the better and always a handful of older homes needing some attention. 

Let me know if you have any more questions about Columbus!

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Sturgill
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Dec 15 2017, 15:49

@Miles Presha maybe if I knew a bit more on what you are after...we have a proprietary analysis tool that is intellectual property and can't be shared...you should be able to pay for it soon though ;)

There are a couple decent free tools out there I could maybe guide you to...what are you analyzing and what is your strategy for acquisition/disposition?....(enter/exit)