• Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Meetup San Diego

Zheath Sanchez
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Posted Nov 28 2015, 10:45

Can anyone tell me whether there are any up coming Meetups in the San Diego area?  I checked out Meetup.com and couldn't find any specific to BP.    

User Stats

Votes
Sydni Chattman
  • Realtor
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Sacramento, CA
Replied Nov 28 2015, 14:04

please let me know if you get any information about some too! 

User Stats

Votes
Steven V.
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Dec 1 2015, 17:07

@Zheath Sanchez and @Sydni Bell Hi I'm new to BP and San diego area, I do not have any experience in real estate. I did find this post about a meet up figure I would share to fellow Realtors and REI hope to meet up with some great people. new meet up in SD

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Justin R.
  • Developer
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • Developer
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Dec 1 2015, 17:15

FYI There's another current thread on this topic at:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/617/topics/25...

Some of the folks on that thread have put together BP meetups locally in the past, so it's likely one will happen from that conversation.

User Stats

Votes
Diana Barlet
  • Investor
  • Riverside, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Riverside, CA
Replied Dec 4 2015, 11:06

There are a number of great Real Estate Clubs in the San Diego area.  Check out 

There are also several FIBI's in the area.  All of these clubs are run by pro's that are active in the market.  I suggest you attend as many clubs as you can until you find one that fits your needs.  They are a great source of information and networking, with some of the best in the business.

User Stats

Votes
Tim G.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Jan 12 2016, 10:14

Friendly reminder, we've got a Meetup coming this Saturday. 

Details & Signup Here

User Stats

Votes
Dante Anderson
  • San Diego , CA
Votes |
  • San Diego , CA
Replied Aug 5 2019, 12:12

Tim Dante Anderson here. I just sold my townhome in South Park San Diego and I'm now looking into buying a SFH with a rental in the backyard using my VA loan under 600k or buying a triplex with 20% down in Cleveland. Asking price is 70k for the triplex with 3.5 interest and bringing in $1800 month. Can you give me any advice on the two. I have 20k for down payment for the out of state property and only closing cost, appraisal, inspection for the San Diego property

User Stats

Votes
Dan Heuschele
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Poway, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Poway, CA
Replied Aug 5 2019, 13:12

The initial cash flow people will tell you Cleveland and the appreciation people will tell you San Diego. I will explain why regardless if you prioritize appreciation or cash flow, the likely better investment is San Diego.

Cleveland is a no appreciation market. I define a no appreciation market as a market that historically has appreciated less than the rate of inflation. San Diego is a high appreciation market. I define high appreciation market as a market that historically has appreciated significantly more than inflation.

Property appreciation results in rent appreciation (usually with a time lag). The Cleveland property is likely to have rent appreciation below the inflation rate as evidenced by past history. San Diego is likely to have rent appreciation far in excess of the inflation rate. The property with the faster rent appreciation will given time produce better cash flow than the property with no real appreciation. Add in that the property with the rent appreciation also has market appreciation and the San Diego RE will over the long term have better cash flow and better appreciation than the Cleveland RE.

History shows this to be true for at least 50 years. I see nothing to indicate it will not be true over the next decade.

Good luck

User Stats

Votes
Dante Anderson
  • San Diego , CA
Votes |
  • San Diego , CA
Replied Aug 17 2019, 15:15

Thank you for the feedback