• Sacramento, CA
Votes |
Real Estate Investment Groups/ Meetups

Jeff Hoag
  • Investor
  • Sacramento, CA
Posted Aug 3 2020, 20:59

Hello,

I am looking for other REI's in the Sacramento area. Are there any meetups, groups, or forums where we can connect and talk about investing. I would like to work with others to expand our networks and scale our businesses.

I have completed a few flips and find the project management part to be the easy and fun part. I do Ok finding deals but mostly on the MLS so i Know I am probably not getting the greatest deals.

Looking to grow a team of folks that want to help each-other and we can all do better. Let me know if anyone would like to connect and talk about REI in Sacramento.

User Stats

Votes
Alex McIvor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sacramento, CA
Replied Aug 3 2020, 21:40

Hi Jeff, 

I'd love to connect. I'm an REI investing out-of-state in Indianapolis, both BRRRRs and flips. I started this year and found I love the world of real estate and just last week got my agent's license out here in CA. I recently moved to Sacramento so know less about the investing scene here than I'd like, but eager to learn more.

User Stats

Votes
Roxanne Quane
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sacramento, CA
Replied Aug 4 2020, 09:42

Hi @Jeff Hoag, I would love to network with other investors here in the area. I have two rental properties locally and have an interest to start flipping. There was recently a meet up in Folsom that I wasn't able to make it to. A few of the other groups have moved to online meetups since COVID. I would be open to meets ups online and in-person. There are a few listed on meetup.com.  

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jon Catterson
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
  • Sacramento, CA
Replied Aug 4 2020, 09:56

Hi Jeff, you may want to look out for the next time this group has a meetup: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/860076-west-sacramento-re-investor-meetup. It's a West Sacramento-based group which anyone can attend. 

The one in Folsom @Roxanne Quane mentioned has a thread here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/846934-folsom-rei-out-of-bounds-brewery-meetup. The organizer has said he will post updates to that thread. 

I look forward to meeting you! 

User Stats

Votes
Ryne Williams
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
  • Sacramento, CA
Replied Aug 4 2020, 19:57

Hey everyone,

I would love to connect with you all...the bigger the network the better! My name is Ryne Williams and I am a new RE investor out of Sacramento.

User Stats

Votes
Paul Rumolo
  • Lincoln, CA
Votes |
  • Lincoln, CA
Replied Aug 4 2020, 20:54

Hey there all would love to connect and network with local investors. I have been investing OOS for a little over a year now.  

Open to discussing, networking, and helping others out. 

Count me in please

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 8 2020, 12:28

@Jon Catterson

Looks like I missed the last meet up in Sept. is there another meet up happening this year

User Stats

Votes
Jon Catterson
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
  • Sacramento, CA
Replied Oct 9 2020, 09:25
Originally posted by @Victor Rallo:

@Jon Catterson

Looks like I missed the last meet up in Sept. is there another meet up happening this year

The West Sacramento one? It happens every month on the first Monday except perhaps when there is a holiday and it's re-scheduled for later that month. I sometimes have a hard time finding it, so I would search Sergey Tkachev's profile on BP and you will find it there. Next month there will be a presentation on Airbnb.  

User Stats

Votes
Sergey Tkachev
  • Investor, Agent, CPA
  • West Sacramento, CA
Votes |
  • Investor, Agent, CPA
  • West Sacramento, CA
Replied Oct 21 2020, 16:25
Originally posted by @Victor Rallo:

@Jon Catterson

The next West Sac meetup is scheduled for Nov 2, event is posted here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/881588-west-sacramento-re-investor-meetup 

@Jon Catterson, thanks for the mention!

• Real Estate Agent California (#01496921)

Exp Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 29 2020, 21:34

Will be there! I'm excited to learn more and network with all you helpful Sacramento investors. Thank you Sergey!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 7 2020, 11:26

@Jeff Hoag

I’m interested in a meet up as well the next time one is scheduled, also an investor in the Bay Area.

User Stats

Votes
Brian Garlington
  • Realtor
  • Oakland, CA and a Real Estate Investor with Multi-Family Units and a Self Storage Facility
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Oakland, CA and a Real Estate Investor with Multi-Family Units and a Self Storage Facility
Replied Nov 7 2020, 12:33

@Olu Lijadu    Regarding the Bay Area there are usually a couple of them online via meetup. 

User Stats

Votes
Joseph O'Brien
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
  • Sacramento, CA
Replied Nov 9 2020, 11:40

@Jeff Hoag

Hello Jeff,

I found this post a little late, but am very interested how it’s been going! I was thinking about starting a group as well so I would really like to join yours!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 13 2020, 20:52

Hello, all! I'm from Stockton and would be interested in future meetups, in person and online. I've been a private lender in a few investments and would be interested in starting a real estate business instead.

User Stats

Votes
Reggie Powell
  • Investor
  • Woodland, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Woodland, CA
Replied Nov 18 2020, 06:56

@Jeff Hoag

Hi Jeff,

I’m in woodland. We should definitely connect. I have some properties down south and am looking to purchase locally in the Sacramento area. What kind of properties are you looking for specifically? I want to get into multi family.

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gruetzmacher
  • Investor
  • Auburn, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Auburn, CA
Replied Dec 3 2020, 10:38

My wife and I would love to get connected! We live in Orangevale, CA. Currently looking into some out of state properties and some here in the area as well. I am getting into the business of loan origination and my wife is an electrical engineer. Two different minds both with a big passion for real estate investing. 

User Stats

Votes
Timothy Swaney
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
Replied Dec 18 2020, 11:30

Hi Jeff,

A little late here are you wanting to connect? I am new to Real Estate. I currently have a flip in N Carolina but looking to invest local.

Tim

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 10 2021, 11:13

Has this post led to a group forming in the Sacramento area? 

User Stats

Votes
Chilly Nathan
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
  • Sacramento, CA
Replied Jun 19 2021, 16:51

@Jeff Hoag

Hi All, I'm a rental property investor(small-just a triplex and a single family residence in LA) but i just moved to Sac and interested in investing here and OOS. Possibly Indy, Ohio, and ???

Would LOVE to connect with other investors! Sacramento seems impossible to find a good deal but I'd still like to try. If anyone is interested in coffee or a meet up, hit me up.

Looking forward to meeting other Sac real estate enthusiasts!

-chilly

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 19 2021, 17:14

Chilly, I'm north of Sacramento but also looking to connect with others as well. I'm in the beginning stagings of investing and just learning as much as I can. My wife and I own a home in Yuba City and plan to rent it when the air force moves us again in a year and a half or so. 

i dont have much value to add for you right now... other than making our Sac meet up group is now at least 2 people.

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Pavkov
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jun 21 2021, 05:25
Originally posted by @Chilly Nathan:

@Jeff Hoag

Hi All, I'm a rental property investor(small-just a triplex and a single family residence in LA) but i just moved to Sac and interested in investing here and OOS. Possibly Indy, Ohio, and ???

Would LOVE to connect with other investors! Sacramento seems impossible to find a good deal but I'd still like to try. If anyone is interested in coffee or a meet up, hit me up.

Looking forward to meeting other Sac real estate enthusiasts!

-chilly

Hi Chilly - what makes you interested in the Midwest? Have you looked into any markets here?

User Stats

Votes
Chilly Nathan
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
  • Sacramento, CA
Replied Jun 21 2021, 09:44

I have just started searching for properties in Columbus and Indy. The midwest intrigues me because it seems as though that is where the deals are. I'm in Cali and its too expensive here. Also looking at ABQ

User Stats

Votes
Chilly Nathan
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
  • Sacramento, CA
Replied Jun 21 2021, 12:23

Also, Midwest folks are friendly and I like that!